Westgate Thunderbolt

NEEDED: Build Materials List for Thunderbolt Blower Pallet

Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:31 pm

Does anyone have an original pallet build materials list and dimensions for the smaller frame Series B and C blowers.

I got a blower last weekend that doesn't have a pallet on it. Just by looking at the different manuals, I am guessing that it is a Series B or C since it has the smaller frame and vertical standing blower. Though I am not totally sure exactly how to tell which series it is.

Justin

EL1998P71

Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:05 pm

Are you talking about a factory pallet or what?
Cause I rarely see factory pallets on Pole mounts around here.
the pallet was removed and the compressor mount was mounted directly
to the wood from the pole mount.
I have a drawing of the pallet mount I made, but mines a A series.
Proud Owner of too many sirens, lightbars, civil defense items, and diecast cars

JasonC
Administrator
Administrator
YouTube Username: Jsncrso

Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:27 am

I just lag-bolted two 4x4's on the bottom of my frame rail. Serves the same purpose as a pallet. I suppose you could cross-lay some 2x4's.

Westgate Thunderbolt

Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:26 am

I would like to make a factory skid. There is a picture of one being used here: http://inlinethumb21.webshots.com/5524/ ... 600Q85.jpg . This is the exact skid I want to make. I found this link in a previous post on here about Thunderbolt decals.

I was just hoping someone could tell me a little about how the boards were held together, some measurements and what kind of screen was used.

Justin

CDV777-1
YouTube Username: vanamonde2

Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:24 am

The screen is called "Hardware Cloth" The blower skid stuff is approximately 1/4 inch mesh galvanized hardware cloth. I used 3/8 on mine because that's all Home Depot had in stock. As far as the skid goes unless you can find one to measure yourself you'll have to B.S. it and scale it from the photo.
Proud owner of a garage full of junk.

almdoc

Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:48 pm

Check with the guys at the Civil Defence Museum website. They documented step by step restoration of their thunderbolt. I have a mid seventies install manual for a t-bolt. The only pallet specs in it are for the pole mount and the flat roof mat. If you want them let me know.
My neighbors just love me !!

Jim_Ferer

Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:02 pm

almdoc wrote:Check with the guys at the Civil Defence Museum website. They documented step by step restoration of their thunderbolt. I have a mid seventies install manual for a t-bolt. The only pallet specs in it are for the pole mount and the flat roof mat. If you want them let me know.
The post above yours is The Civil Defense museum website, at least the guy (Eric Green) who created it and owns it

CDV777-1
YouTube Username: vanamonde2

Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:34 am

I wouldn't go withing a mile of that CD Museum site. That guy is a mental case! :roll: :wink:

Anyway the skid I built was for an A series blower which is bigger than
the B/C blower as mentioned above. The one C series blower I got
from the fire station in Dallas already had the skid removed from it so I have never seen a B/C series skid.
Proud owner of a garage full of junk.

charlesg3116

Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:07 am

I don't know if this pallet will be what you're looking for, but here is a link to some pictures of my Thunderbolt.
http://airraidsirens.com/forums/viewtop ... ght=#37368

The material list is;
2 pcs 4x6x43 3/4 long
4 pcs 1x6x51 5/8
1 pc 1x10x51 5/8
1 pc 1x6x31 1/2
1 pc 1/4 mesh galvanized hardware cloth 24x50

Hope this helps.

Charles
Sirens owned; Thunderbolt 1000T, 3T22, Thunderbeam RSH10A, and a bunch of vehicle sirens

Westgate Thunderbolt

Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:30 pm

Thanks greatly for the help Charles, but my blower is a later Series C model. The frame is a little different since the blower is mounted vertically and the enclosure is smaller than the one you have.

I guess I will just have to guess on the measurements from photos and the diagrams in the Series C manual.

Justin

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”