SoundOff
YouTube Username: yuandrew

Pacific Coast Hwy Sirens

Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:53 am

My family and I are heading up to Leo Carrillo state beach/campground tomorrow afternoon for a camping trip.

Part of our trip will involve a drive up PCH starting from where the 10 freeway ends in Santa Monica and through Malibu. I'm wondering if there are any particular sirens along the way.
"Calling Out To All"

kx250rider
Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: kx250racer

Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:43 pm

There are at least two SD-10s visible fro the 10 near downtown LA, but I can't remember how to describe where to spot them. One, if I recall, is near Los Angeles St just a block south of the 10, and you can see it among industrial buildings. Ufortunately, both of the LA County sirens are gone from the coast route (PCH at Sunset Bl, and PCH at the mobile home park entry near Temescal). If you were to continue on up past downtown Ventura, you would see a few (Whelen?) voice sirens at Hwy 33. Those were installed after the flood of 1991, when the river overflowed and wiped out a trailer park. They're all along Hwy
33 from the 101 to Baldwin Rd where the river goes out of the way of population. That's about 45 mins (or 2 hrs on Fri afternoons) beyond Leo C.

Charles
Yes, that's a real 500-lb Federal SD-10 I'm holding (braggart!)

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”