Oldiesmann
YouTube Username: Oldiesmann

Tue May 03, 2011 5:35 pm

carexpertandy wrote:That could be possible, or it might just be pointed that way to provide better coverage.

Michael: Did it sound like it was rotating on April 20?
Yes, it did sound like it was rotating that day. Unfortunately, I have to work tomorrow morning and won't be home for the test (but I won't be in a position where I can record the test from work either), but I will look at it on my way home from work and see if it has moved at all.
Michael "Oldiesmann" Eshom
SMF

carexpertandy
YouTube Username: carexpertandy

Tue May 03, 2011 8:52 pm

Now I wonder why the position would have changed between the 20th and Sunday. :?
Resident of a county with big a mixture of sirens, but in the process of being replaced. :(

Jpressman8

Tue May 03, 2011 10:35 pm

carexpertandy wrote:Now I wonder why the position would have changed between the 20th and Sunday. :?
It most likely would have to have been worked on that is the most logical explaination.
five liter V8

nickrusche

May 4th Siren Test

Wed May 04, 2011 3:19 pm

I will be unable to record the Calhoun Hall Thunderbolt for today's test because of the rain and not wanting to damage my camera .Instead I will be recording the test from my front porch which has a roof. If it is not raining for the June 1st test, I will record the Calhoun Hall Thunderbolt then, if it is not raining of course.

Oldiesmann

Wed May 04, 2011 9:49 pm

Drove by the Northside tbolt on my way home tonight, and it's still pointing almost due north, so I guess it's still broken.
SMF

carexpertandy

Wed May 04, 2011 10:43 pm

It might have been the wind direction that made you able to hear it April 20. If it was fixed, I would've thought "Did the EMA decide to start authorizing repairs again?" For other sirens that have been "fixed" within the past year, it was mostly RF sync errors it seems, plus the rotator breaker tripps for the White Oak 1000T, and I think the Tbolt at Siminson Rd. & Kilby Rd. in Harrison Township has the same problem.
Resident of a county with big a mixture of sirens, but in the process of being replaced. :(

Oldiesmann

Wed May 04, 2011 11:04 pm

I think part of it is the fact that sound carries further at night. I would have been surprised if that had been fixed considering it's going to be replaced in the next year anyway (and I hope to be there taking pictures that day :))
SMF

nickrusche

Thu May 05, 2011 4:28 am

Oldiesmann wrote:Drove by the Northside tbolt on my way home tonight, and it's still pointing almost due north, so I guess it's still broken.
After visiting my Great Aunt with my mom yesterday, I drove past the Blue Rock Street Thunderbolt on they way home between 3:00 and 4:00 pm and it was facing a different way than I said it was on my post on May 2nd. On May 2nd, it was facing Northwest.

Oldiesmann

Thu May 05, 2011 9:50 pm

nickrusche wrote:
Oldiesmann wrote:Drove by the Northside tbolt on my way home tonight, and it's still pointing almost due north, so I guess it's still broken.
After visiting my Great Aunt with my mom yesterday, I drove past the Blue Rock Street Thunderbolt on they way home between 3:00 and 4:00 pm and it was facing a different way than I said it was on my post on May 2nd. On May 2nd, it was facing Northwest.
Maybe the rotator is fixed then. If I'm home for the June test, I'll go down there and find out. It'll give me a good chance to test out the HD video capabilities of my camera as well.
SMF

carexpertandy

Thu May 05, 2011 9:58 pm

Maybe the EMA decided with how many issues not repairing sirens causes to just put up with repairing them.

Return to “Community Systems”