SirenMadness

Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:21 pm

Actually, it's an AC4400CW. :D CP has all of their GEs ordered in AC traction. CN has Dash-9s, though. Yes, I do like trains, and so do quite some other people here, on the Siren Board!
~ Peter Radanovic

Fletch

Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:55 pm

Two questions:

1. What type of siren did the City of Delaware have before the 2001's were installed in 1997?

2. I understand that Delaware County is putting two siren levies on the November ballot. Can someone reveal what siren model they are looking at purchasing for the 46 proposed locations??

jkvernon

Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:01 pm

Here's an article we had in our local paper on where we're at. It's looking really good at this point!

http://www.thisweeknews.com/live/conten ... ml?sid=104

Fletch

Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:40 pm

Unfortunately, some bad news to report.

The County Commissioners have decided NOT to place a siren levy on the ballot for November.

What does this mean: The project is delayed for now. It is still on the table but it will probably not be until next year that funding is allocated for the project.

Frankly, I don't understand the thinking of our county commission. The project has been well planned from the beginning, but one of the commissioners had reservations about the siren locations and wanted to talk to other places that have recently installed a siren system.
Last edited by Fletch on Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oldiesmann
YouTube Username: Oldiesmann

Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:24 pm

That doesn't make a lot of sense to me... The important part at this point is securing the funding. Once that's done, then you can discuss where you want to put them...
Michael "Oldiesmann" Eshom
SMF

jkvernon

Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:44 pm

The EMA guy said it probably wouldn't end up on this ballot and would most likely be on in the spring.

As far as deciding locations before funding, here's the thinking behind that. They have to know the number of sirens they need to cover the county so they can get a figure on the cost of the system. From there they figure out the budget and then they send out a bid spec. to the siren dealers..

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”