pyramid head

Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:46 am

Thank you! I'm very glad you said something seems how time is growing short on that auction, and nobody seems to have bid yet. :D
Pyramid head walks into a bar... there are no survivors.

Daniel

Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:59 pm

Don't get sniped. The only way is to snipe it yourself. I usually keep two or three bidding windows open for faster action in the last seconds.
Lex orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.

pyramid head

Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:36 pm

Yes, that is one of my greatest fears. On the last auction i almost took over, for a car siren, i was winning for the last 5 mins. But in the last 13 seconds, someone took the auction over by a single dollar. :evil: I was very upset, so i am going to wait untill the last few moments to bid. :D

pyramid head

Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:44 am

It is beyond me how somebody would pay around $50 for that junk. I would have been ok with about $35, but bidding has got out of control on it, and i am no longer able to buy it. :cry: I am just on the edge, i have been looking for a siren for a long time now, starting in october! I feel as if all forces are pressing against me so that i can never get one. If anybody does have a Federal model "A" that they want to sell, please PM me before i explode.

JasonC
Administrator
Administrator
YouTube Username: Jsncrso

Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:08 pm

Thats the main reason I really don't like eBay anymore. I used to buy sirens off of there for insanely cheap. I remember buying a brand new Model L (with the tag still attached!) for about $30. It was a lot of fun buying sirens like that back then. Admittedly I did start selling them when the prices went up and made a nice return on them. Nowadays, its just to high, and no more fun. But I do wish I would not have sold some of my sirens. Oh well, time to go collecting again!

Daniel

Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:17 pm

Sometimes Ebay has these Yugoslavian-made sirens that are bullet shaped and have a gold colored motor cover. Some have horns, others don't, but they are nearly identical in size to a Model A rotor and just as loud. I know because I bought one of these at an antique store, set it alongside my Model A, and sounded them both one New Years' Eve.

However, that "Slovenian air raid siren" that someone tried to sell on Ebay a couple of weeks ago is much smaller. Both, however, are commonly used as alarm sirens in older European home alarm systems.
Lex orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.

JasonC
Administrator
Administrator
YouTube Username: Jsncrso

Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:13 am

Good point Daniel. Those Yugoslavian sirens are exactly the same thing as a model A, except with a different housing. They make good starter sirens for some of the younger guys on here. The Slovenian sirens are definitely smaller, but still pack a punch. Again, a good starter siren. both of these sirens go pretty cheaply las time I checked eBay.

pyramid head

Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:39 pm

My boss said he would think about selling it to me for $100, but I don't have enough money to just blow like that. I must save my money for other purposes, but when I get a steady job I might take him on that offer. After work today I also took some pictures of it! Image Image Image[/img]
Last edited by pyramid head on Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jim_Ferer

Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:45 pm

Maybe you can buy the siren if it can be found again in your boss's shop, or if you survive working in that shop.

pyramid head

Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:05 pm

I survive well in that place, but I don't work in there! My home is here.Image Image

Return to “Other Warning Systems - Indoor, Outdoor and Vehicular”