MysteryMachine

Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:21 am

that looks awesome
Jinx
Thunderbolt 1003A, Federal Model 7 (8 port), Fedelcode 5/7 (8 port), STL-10A, Single phase/tone ACA P-10, Sterling M5 16/16, IBM, Federal EG, Whelen Alpha 12Q

Rick K

Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:32 am

MysteryMachine wrote:that looks awesome

Thanks! I wanted to do something "different" with it, and when I saw the lime green talk on here, I had to chime in!

BTW, Congrats on acquiring that beast!! It's even more awesome because you grew up across the street from it! :D

-Rick

RobinHood73

Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:39 am

mrboojay wrote:
MysteryMachine wrote:
Pippi444 wrote:How about like one of these?

ummmm NO
Where did you get those from?
They look like they are from that game Second Life.

Nice fans in the background of those pictures Rick. :wink: The siren looks amazing as well.
A proud owner of a Federal Electric Model 3, Federal Electric Model A, and a Federal Sign and Signal Model L.
My youtube: RyanTheHermVixen

sirenita

Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:44 am

sorry to stray from the topic, but has anyone ever played second life? I've read that libraries will create second life versions that are popular with patrons. it's something I might look into once I have faculty status at my work.
chicks like sirens, too.

Sirenguy02

Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:54 am

sirenita wrote:sorry to stray from the topic, but has anyone ever played second life? I've read that libraries will create second life versions that are popular with patrons. it's something I might look into once I have faculty status at my work.
I think I've see some people from the board that have been posting pics on Facebook of SL.
~Mitchell Tsokatos
Owner of a P-10 and Model L

Rick K

Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:56 am

RobinHood73 wrote:
Nice fans in the background of those pictures Rick. :wink: The siren looks amazing as well.
Thanks!! I appreciate it! :D The fans seen in the pic are just a few of my 130 (or so...long time since I've done a count!). My collection ranges in dates from 1902 (GE Pancake) up to my 1960s "Zero" fans. Most of my fan collection is from the 1930s-1940s, however I have between 10 and 15 Vornados from the 40s-50s as well. :D

Sorry to stray away a bit, but here are a couple of pics of some of what's still at my parents house in my old bedroom (there are probably 40, maybe more, fans strewn about in the garage/another storage room there as well). One day I'll build floor-to-ceiling shelving in the spare bedroom in my current place for all of them to be displayed!

Sirenguy02

Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:01 am

Sorry for straying it even more but,is that an Airsoft gun in the second picture? I can't tell.
~Mitchell Tsokatos
Owner of a P-10 and Model L

Rick K

Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:03 am

Sirenguy02 wrote:Sorry for straying it even more but,is that an Airsoft gun in the second picture? I can't tell.
Yeah, a broken "AR-15 look-a-like" airsoft that I played with when I was a young'n. Now I'm all grown up and have a real AK-47 and a Mac-11! No more airsoft! LoL.

RobinHood73

Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:39 am

sirenita wrote:sorry to stray from the topic, but has anyone ever played second life? I've read that libraries will create second life versions that are popular with patrons. it's something I might look into once I have faculty status at my work.
I did play it a long time ago . Its some what of a fun game and has a lot of customization but unlike most games, you need to actually spend REAL money in the game. People even list virtual items and property on ebay for Second Life. That is kinda taking it way to far imo.

Rick nice display of fans you got there and 130 is nice number. 8) I too have a 1902 Pancake fan. I have a bunch of fans in my room but most of them are in my two sheds. The last time I counted my fans, I stopped around the mid 400's.

For some reason I only have a pic of my main shed's floor but I will take more pics of it once it gets cooler out and I will post them in a separate thread.

Sorry for derailing the thread.
A proud owner of a Federal Electric Model 3, Federal Electric Model A, and a Federal Sign and Signal Model L.
My youtube: RyanTheHermVixen

Rick K

Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:52 am

RobinHood73 wrote:
I did play it a long time ago . Its some what of a fun game and has a lot of customization but unlike most games, you need to actually spend REAL money in the game. People even list virtual items and property on ebay for Second Life. That is kinda taking it way to far imo.

Rick nice display of fans you got there and 130 is nice number. 8) I too have a 1902 Pancake fan. I have a bunch of fans in my room but most of them are in my two sheds. The last time I counted my fans, I stopped around the mid 400's.

For some reason I only have a pic of my main shed's floor but I will take more pics of it once it gets cooler out and I will post them in a separate thread.

Sorry for derailing the thread.
WOW!!! Way cool! I love that Vornado window fan you have there!! :D

I'll watch for the other thread.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”