MysteryMachine

The infamous pink Thunderbolt restore thread

Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:32 am

Finally have plans in place to get my 1003. I was waiting on a buddy of mine that works for the electric company to get a company crane but I guess that's a major pain now. Another buddy of mines family owns a towing company and they have a couple crane tow trucks. He's gonna come up Sunday and hopefully get the "infamous pink thunderbolt" down for me. I'm pretty stoked that it will be in my possession soon.

My luck the truck won't go high enough and I'll have to wait longer
Last edited by MysteryMachine on Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jinx
Thunderbolt 1003A, Federal Model 7 (8 port), Fedelcode 5/7 (8 port), STL-10A, Single phase/tone ACA P-10, Sterling M5 16/16, IBM, Federal EG, Whelen Alpha 12Q

spotandtiggerbug

Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:05 am

Woah, Awesome! Is it rusty or new? Put up pics :D

MysteryMachine

Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:31 am

I'll just post these couple in here cause once I get it I'm gonna start a restore thread in the main section. From what I know the Parkesburg Fire Co got it brand new in 1977 when they remodeled the station. It sat on the roof for years. Then it was placed on a pole outback cause they said it was sucking in the little roofing stones (I still find this odd). The pole started rocking and I think it was acting funny so it was shut off. Since it was shut off it was hit once on New Years a few years back.

I grew up with it across the street from my house (now my parents house). Like I said in your thread I'm 28 so it's always been there. I moved and now it's coming with me lol

I have the RCM 1A, RCM 3, and the AF timer already, just need the siren itself

Jinx
Thunderbolt 1003A, Federal Model 7 (8 port), Fedelcode 5/7 (8 port), STL-10A, Single phase/tone ACA P-10, Sterling M5 16/16, IBM, Federal EG, Whelen Alpha 12Q

spotandtiggerbug

Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:34 am

So cool! Are you gonna repaint it or get a different color?

MysteryMachine

Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:42 am

It will be repainted a different color. Just not sure what color yet. I was gonna go with yellow but made a joke comment on Facebook about making it Lime Green. I mentioned that on here one day and a couple people seemed to like the idea. I figured I'd make a pole to see what color to go with when the time came. I think it matching my one Mustang would be cool and most certainly different. How many lime green tbolts are there.

Like this.....
Jinx

spotandtiggerbug

Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:46 am

That would be different... Hahaha :D

SirenMadness

Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:54 am

A lime-green T-Bolt would actually be pretty neat.
~ Peter Radanovic

spotandtiggerbug

Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:20 am

SirenMadness wrote:A lime-green T-Bolt would actually be pretty neat.
I agree on that

t-bolt82

Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:16 am

First of all, congrats on obtaining a Tbolt! (there doesnt seem to be a jealous emoticon... :lol: ) And thats an awesome idea for the new colour - I've seen yellow, brown, blue, red, red w/black stipes, yellow w/black stripes, a few various shades of gray, and I think a shade or 2 of green. But, the lime green'll be a nice change! Cant wait to see it!

Also, I think a pic of the Tbolt still pink would make for a great avatar for sirenita ... since she's a chick who likes sirens! ;)
Viva la Thunderbolt!

sirenita

Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:20 am

t-bolt82 wrote:Also, I think a pic of the Tbolt still pink would make for a great avatar for sirenita ... since she's a chick who likes sirens! ;)
I was working on a T-128 with a girly hairdo at work, but I forgot about it/got slammed with projects. I kind of like my icon with the deliberately bad edit job done in Paint.
chicks like sirens, too.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”