Busgeek71

Thu May 31, 2012 2:03 pm

dilloncarpenter wrote:There's an SMR 15 in Bixby at Memorial and 171st. This one also doesn't look to be very big.
Hmm, it's got ASC controls. I guess so the CompuLert system is attached to the SMR for activation.

uncommonsense

Thu May 31, 2012 3:01 pm

dilloncarpenter wrote:There's an SMR 15 in Bixby at Memorial and 171st. This one also doesn't look to be very big.
Street view: http://goo.gl/maps/nMMj

SirenMadness

Thu May 31, 2012 3:32 pm

If I'm not mistaken, I heard that the 12-horse Decots put out 126 dB! Is that really plausible?
~ Peter Radanovic

dilloncarpenter

Thu May 31, 2012 5:14 pm

When does Bixby test? I read on their website that they test one Friday a month at Noon, but a resident who lives there has a youtube video of their sirens and says they test every Saturday.
Kicking it in the siren party since '08

thewoog34
YouTube Username: Thewoog34

Thu May 31, 2012 11:36 pm

SirenMadness wrote:If I'm not mistaken, I heard that the 12-horse Decots put out 126 dB! Is that really plausible?

I don't know if it's that high, but I can assure you based on personal experience that the 12 horse Decots are incredibly loud. Definitely more potent than Xt22 sirens. Hell, the one in Princeton, WI has a 10 horse motor after its original 12 horse high slip motor burned out.
What happened when Napoleon went to Mt. Olive? Popeye got pissed.

http://www.youtube.com/thewoog34

Busgeek71

Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:05 pm

dilloncarpenter wrote:When does Bixby test? I read on their website that they test one Friday a month at Noon, but a resident who lives there has a youtube video of their sirens and says they test every Saturday.
I can't be sure. I'd go with youtube guy. The majority of the county does Wednesday, so there's no telling.

Batman
YouTube Username: BatmansSirenChannel

Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:38 pm

I'm still working on this. I seem to have run up against a brick wall though; any additional numbers you guys could give me would be terrific (as long as you're sure you got the right number.).
Here's a question; do Darley/GCS Model 5s have the same rating as a Federal 5? I live near both kinds, and I'm pretty sure the Federal Model 5 is quite a bit louder than the Darley/GCS ones.

I'm also working on making a siren map of my county. I'll have to do a lot of exploring though, so I probably won't get it done for a while.
Proud owner of a spontaneously-purchased 1940 Federal Electric Type A
Ulster County NY Map | Broome County NY Map | Union County NC Map

Allertor113
YouTube Username: RLDproductions

Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:00 pm

Busgeek71 wrote:
MattDean1003 wrote:
holler wrote:at 10 ft :lol:
Win.

How in the world could an ATI be anywhere near as loud as a Thunderbolt?

Wait, you're talking about the mini Thunderbolt. Sorry.
My town operates HPSS32 sirens, and outdoor measurements register 127, which is pretty accurate. They are not pleasant to be near as far as loudness, let me assure you.
As long as they work and are loud there okay with me! I don't see why everyone hates the ATi's so much, I mean hell they save lives don't they? I actually kinda like ATI's especially San Francisco's or whatever down does the STL sound.
Siren/Field Technician
Moore, Oklahoma

thewoog34
YouTube Username: Thewoog34

Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:25 pm

Allertor113 wrote:
Busgeek71 wrote:
MattDean1003 wrote:
Win.

How in the world could an ATI be anywhere near as loud as a Thunderbolt?

Wait, you're talking about the mini Thunderbolt. Sorry.
My town operates HPSS32 sirens, and outdoor measurements register 127, which is pretty accurate. They are not pleasant to be near as far as loudness, let me assure you.
As long as they work and are loud there okay with me! I don't see why everyone hates the ATi's so much, I mean hell they save lives don't they? I actually kinda like ATI's especially San Francisco's or whatever down does the STL sound.
ATIs have a very high rate of failure; in the activation, the controls, or the drivers overheating and failing. Not to mention they're very sloppy looking. Even ASC with their nearly identical E-class sirens can keep the wiring from being all over the place.
What happened when Napoleon went to Mt. Olive? Popeye got pissed.

http://www.youtube.com/thewoog34

Allertor113
YouTube Username: RLDproductions

Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:34 pm

thewoog34 wrote:
Allertor113 wrote:
Busgeek71 wrote:
ATIs have a very high rate of failure; in the activation, the controls, or the drivers overheating and failing. Not to mention they're very sloppy looking. Even ASC with their nearly identical E-class sirens can keep the wiring from being all over the place.
Do you have applicable proof? Just because everyone else hates them doesn't mean you have to jump on the bandwagon, If everyone preached good about ATI's everyone would love them. Go look at some 1000T videos on youtube you'll find little kids preaching hate on ati's with no solid evidence.
Siren/Field Technician
Moore, Oklahoma

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”