SirenTech Ind.
Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: MrSciencetificsasuke

Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:08 pm

Hmm interesting that the old Decot pictures show that the motor's mounting is on the side of the motor although it's a vertical siren. I guess thats why it's mounted on a wall. I would love to hear that one go off. Anyone know the Model name of the Decot?
Proud Owner of a wide Collection of Vacuum Tubes, ThunderBolt 1000T, Edwards Model 315
Age 16

murrfarms
YouTube Username: murrfarms

Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:14 pm

SirenTech Ind. wrote:Hmm interesting that the old Decot pictures show that the motor's mounting is on the side of the motor although it's a vertical siren. I guess thats why it's mounted on a wall. I would love to hear that one go off. Anyone know the Model name of the Decot?
Looks like they just used an off-the-shelf foot mounted motor for those later Decots. Another more common siren with a similar setup is most of the ACA Screamer models. They used a 215 frame standard industrial motor with a foot base, and used a L-shaped bracket to bolt the motor's base to in order to make them able to be mounted on a horizontal surface (the pole bracket). I'm sure the Decots originally came with some sort of provision to be mounted on a horizontal surface, but whatever it was must have gotten separated from this particular siren whenever it was moved from its original location/installation. As for the model, I know the older ones (with the "wicker basket" housing) were called the "Red Arrow", and I think the later ones like this may have kept the same name. The literature I have on those later ones don't give any kind of model naming, they just call it the "Decot Two-Tone Siren".
-Ian M.

Daniel

Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:33 am

Really nice find. It looks like the motor housing is cracked. Perhaps it isn't in use anymore. I have seen twin Model 2 installations before. Could the other one be a 2T?
Lex orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.

NW Siren Hunters

Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:07 am

In the next couple weeks I will go back and get a better video of the Model 2 going off and ask more about the Decot.

Current switch for Model 2

Another switch for one of the sirens, with the panel box saying "Old CD Siren"

Visit NW Siren Hunters on Facebook.

Proud owner of
Federal Q2B
Federal Model L x 2
Federal Model 5 Housing

theroofable

Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:05 am

Interesting setup. Find out what you can. Why they have two next to eachother and if the other one is still in use for anything.

Metro Siren Synths

Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:28 am

I heard that the Seattle Area had these Decots, Thunderbolt 1000s, Chryslers, and possibly Ericks?
Will be leaving ARS until the new year, taking a break from the Drama.

Daniel

Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:02 am

The only Erick I knew of up there was in the town of Sedro-Woolley, north of Seattle. It is now in the town museum.
Lex orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.

p50needsablower
YouTube Username: AJ'ssirenvlogriccobono

Re: A neat and rare siren find in Washington State

Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:27 pm

isnt there a decot like that in cobb wisconsin?
Proud owner of an imaginary :P50:

TboltTX1
YouTube Username: TboltTX1, Sentry40V2T

Re: A neat and rare siren find in Washington State

Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:20 am

p50needsablower wrote:isnt there a decot like that in cobb wisconsin?
Please don't bump old topics unless you have new information to share. Refer to section 1, part 6 of the Rules. Proper spelling and punctuation is also appreciated in the main forum since it is viewed by industry professionals.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”