Nelso90

Sun May 13, 2007 3:49 am

I have a Single-tone. I like it because it sounds "purer." And it's got just a single tone, more power to blow people's windows out!! :twisted: :twisted:
Now, If I could just get it up from my grandparents house...

CABLEVision

Sun May 13, 2007 4:06 am

Hacksaw wrote:Service and parts. He had a catalogue of Tbolt parts, but he got rid of them, sold to someone else (I don't remember who).
He still has t-bolt bird screens
The Cal Trimmer, by Eastman industries

cauberallies

Mon May 14, 2007 7:50 am

3t22 wrote:I have the head of a single toned 1000. The same one that I hauled from western PA to here in my old Plymouth Neon Image

also I think Charles (kx250rider) also has a single toned 1000 as well as the 5/4 1000T
Where in the hell did you find a thunderbolt in western PA?

3t22
YouTube Username: federal3t22

Mon May 14, 2007 8:51 pm

cauberallies wrote:
3t22 wrote:I have the head of a single toned 1000. The same one that I hauled from western PA to here in my old Plymouth Neon Image

also I think Charles (kx250rider) also has a single toned 1000 as well as the 5/4 1000T
Where in the hell did you find a thunderbolt in western PA?
It was listed on eBay about 3 years ago. The seller lived in Western PA (Greenville if memory serves me right), but he removed it from Ohio, and installed a 2001 in it's place. He junked the blower and RCM (which he said he'd never do again), and was going to install the head on his property as a tornado siren but never got around to it. It sat on the ground for 2 years before I bought it. http://www.angelfire.com/ia3/thunderbol ... ation.html

loudmouth

Mon May 14, 2007 10:43 pm

i think i know that rest stop isnt it in Ct a littel befor the border????
hehe cool job

3t22
YouTube Username: federal3t22

Tue May 15, 2007 12:21 am

loudmouth wrote:i think i know that rest stop isnt it in Ct a littel befor the border????
hehe cool job
that was in Central PA just before I stopped for the night at Jeff Siedel's house.

loudmouth

Tue May 15, 2007 1:50 am

oh ops :oops:

CDV777-1
YouTube Username: vanamonde2

Thu May 17, 2007 8:02 am

I don't have any Thunderbolts anymore. See this thread for pics of where my 1000 and 1000T are now.
http://www.airraidsirens.com/forums/vie ... 33&start=0
I'm not completely Thunderbolt part-less though. I still have a horn and a chopper motor with a bad armature and a stator.

Bshinn

Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:28 pm

Hey all,

I still have my 1000T. I also have the red STH10 that I started my collection with back in 1998 or so. Other noisemakers in my collection include several automotive mechanical sirens(one is a MARS), a number of fire alarm bells, and some electric buzzers. I have contemplated mounting the collection on a sheet of plywood(all except the larger sirens), and building a control panel for my son and I to enjoy them with...still not sure what I will do.

When I see the occasional Thunderbolt still in service up in Minnesota, I smile.

I have a few thunderbolt parts odds and ends floating around the garage.
This includes some screens/brackets, electrical boxes/consoles, manuals, relays, and such. Maybe a blower pulley or 2.
Also included in the parts I have is the radio box from a Federal #ARCH control. This is the one with blue paint and all of the electronics inside.
I would like to sell the spare parts ASAP.

I plan to post in the selling forum soon, but if anyone is shopping and sees this post first, send me a PM!
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

If at first you don't succeed, you're in good company.

Some blame the management and some the employees, and everybody knows it's the industrial disease....

EL1998P71

Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:08 am

I have one single tone 1000 head, a 1003 head identified on the rotator tag as a 1000(all the holes are covered or plugged for the 1003 solenoids and wires) and is Dual tone. I have a single phase small compressorw/ 3 belts with hinged cover, and a three phase larger compressor W/ 4 belts with the two "pins" sticking out the the cover I also have 1 RCM panel and 1 AR timer and radio with cabinet and antenna
Proud Owner of too many sirens, lightbars, civil defense items, and diecast cars

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”