Hacksaw

Sun May 27, 2007 4:00 am

Welcome. Feel free to tell us about those sirens.

There's a few AZ sirens at:
http://www.jmarcoz.com/sirens/sirenarchive.htm

-Mike

azman798

Sun May 27, 2007 4:14 am

How do you guys get sirens of your own? Like to restore them and stuff or just for your personal collection? How much do they usually cost?

Brandon

JasonC
Administrator
Administrator
YouTube Username: Jsncrso

Sun May 27, 2007 4:45 am

azman798 wrote:How do you guys get sirens of your own? Like to restore them and stuff or just for your personal collection? How much do they usually cost?

Brandon
Ebay or knowing people or finding out about defunct ones. The cost is anywhere from free to several thousand dollars.

OrnAlert

Sun May 27, 2007 2:56 pm

Azman?!

Remember me? From the Schuminweb?
Leaving Forever. I blew it big time.

500AT

Sun May 27, 2007 8:38 pm

Welcome aboard "azman798" to the best place in the world to learn about the nomenclature of outdoor warning sirens. Always feel free to ask any questions you like, no matter how trivial you may think they are. Likewise, be sure to search the past threads, as you can always find something of interest. :D

Sincerely yours,

Ron W.

"When your siren's a failin', chances are it's a Whelen."

CABLEVision

Sun May 27, 2007 8:55 pm

Hello "azman798" welcome to the board! We have an incresing number of people between 13-18 joining the board, I am one of them.
The Cal Trimmer, by Eastman industries

azman798

Sun May 27, 2007 10:00 pm

OrnAlert wrote:Azman?!

Remember me? From the Schuminweb?
Yeah I remember I knew I knew the name from somewhere..

Cool Cablevision, so I guess I am just in the right age group.

Elliott

Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:01 am

Greetings Azman!

Yes, this is a cool site to visit, and there are some very knowledgeable people here that can answer most questions. Many of us post cool videos on Youtube and other host sites of sirens in action. I myself try to seek out different, less popular models and film them. Anywho, you will see many links to these videos in threads posted here, but feel free to search the other sites....if you find something new that you havent seen, feel free to share it on the board in a thread.

You might get a reply from the occasional whiners that they have already seen it, but that happens time to time....no biggie.
Anyhow, welcome, and enjoy the board!
Elliott, A.K.A. KD8FOV, and Sirenzrok on Youtube

kagome122885

Re: I am new..

Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:43 am

azman798 wrote:Hey everybody,

My name is Brandon I am 14 years old from Gilbert, Arizona. I am interested in Sirens but don't know tooo much about them since Arizona doesn't have any except the two HOR's in Scottsdale and the one ThunderBolt in Tuscon which I know nothing about, I go see the HOR's quite frequently, I have alot of pictures and sadly no videos or recordings since they are no longer tested. Even though I do not know alot about sirens I am willing to learn. I have known about this forum for awhile and just now decided to join.. Some of you may also know me from The Schumin Web Community..
Welcome to the siren board! I joined earlier this year and have learned a lot about outdoor warning sirens. My favorite siren is the Federal Signal Thunderbolt Series(especially the 1000T and 1003), as you can see in my signature. It is nice to have a new member join our group. You will learn a lot.
Federal Signal Thunderbolt Series, still the King of Air Raid Sirens!

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”