red04stanggt

Those of you with sirens at your house

Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:53 pm

I saw some pics in some other threads where people have them mounted right on their decks. I want to see some more pictures and lets see some video of you just firing them up randmonly. If I had one i'd be in jail LOL. Isnt that freakin loud in your house?

Shinkansen

Re: Those of you with sirens at your house

Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:58 pm

red04stanggt wrote: Isnt that freakin loud in your house?
Yeah. It's perfect for when Aunt Marge pays a unwanted and unexpected visit. :lol: :wink:
Blades will bleed. Shields Will Shatter. But as the light fades, will the Hero rise again? Or will darkness rein?

AllSafe

Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:22 pm

why would you go to jail? noise pollution?
Ich spreche nicht Deutsch...doh!

Gil
YouTube Username: gilramirez12

Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:24 pm

Well I know for sure that if you lived in a suburban area, you'd have the
police over in a heartbeat.

Gents'

Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:15 pm

I don't think you'd get away with it. It's not so much the panic it would cause, it would be the shear annoyance to your neighbours. Imagine the serenity of the 'burbs cut in half by an Air Raid Siren.

You may be lucky and get away with it once but if it happened again; be at home for the lynch mob!

Robert Gift

Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:13 am

You could probably only do it exactly at midnight New Year's Eve.
Or whenever other sirens were sounding for a tornado warning.

Justin

Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:23 am

This is also written on Adam's site.

You would at least be breaking a noise ordinance in your area which is likely to get you a warning or even a decent fine, at most you can be charged with activating an outdoor warning device (even though it may be yours) because it can be seen as a false alarm.

Just be careful.

kx250rider
Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: kx250racer

Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:15 pm

I have a Thunderbolt 1000T on the deck behind the house... It is illegal in most places to fake an official warning signal or immitate police/fire signals. But since there isn't any "official" siren system within miles of us, I'm not immitating any official warning. I do a "test" every last Friday of the month at noon, and once in awhile I'll growl the siren for someone interested to come see it.
Most police in this area are too young to remember the Cold War siren drills, and I doubt if they would care as long as no neighbors complain about noise. I wouldn't do this at all if I lived in an area where my siren might cause a false panic.

Here's a link to the thread from when I put the siren up:

http://airraidsirens.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1527

Charles
Yes, that's a real 500-lb Federal SD-10 I'm holding (braggart!)

Skip Goulet

Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:47 pm

Where I live is waaay out in the county, so it wouldn't bother anyone if I had a siren out here. I've been wanting (and looking for) a siren to put up out here. We're in the middle of "tornado alley" and there's no warning system. The city has a relatively new, but worthless, electronic system that sound the hi-lo only for tornado warnings. The closest siren to us is 4 mi. north at the airport, and another on the Interstate about 7 mi. east.

I have a decent old Q siren at home which I could use with jumper cables if worse came to worst. So far that hasn't happened. But I'd feel much better if I had at least an old 2 or 2T or maybe a Model 5. I almost had the old red Model 5 that was on ebay a couple of months ago. The siren went for less than $100, but the guy wanted over $300 for shipping.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”