Robert Gift

Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:03 pm

Gil wrote:...a 2001 about a mile from my house that has every single kind of box you can think of. Its got AC power, Solar Panel AND Battery Backup. Its got the controls
a recitifier. Its cluttered. Its pretty impossible for that thing to ever loose
power. :D
Surprised it has all that. Just the solar panels should be enough. Batteries are a part of the solar power, anyway.
Are there extended days of dark overcast so that a.c. may sometimes be needed?
I'd like to know how fast a solar system can recharge enough to give a proper warning.
What if three tornado warnings in three consecutive overcast days?
Would the batteries store enough power and would the solar cells recharge the batteries sufficiently?

Elliott

Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:03 pm

Gil wrote:Not to be off topic, but this is kind of about solar panels. There is a 2001
about a mile from my house that has every single kind of box you can think of. Its got AC power, Solar Panel AND Battery Backup. Its got the controls
Now all it needs is a windmill and a hydrogen fuel cell, maybe a squirrel on a treadmill driving an alternator. :lol:
Elliott, A.K.A. KD8FOV, and Sirenzrok on Youtube

Gil
YouTube Username: gilramirez12

Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:20 pm

Elliott wrote:
Gil wrote:Not to be off topic, but this is kind of about solar panels. There is a 2001
about a mile from my house that has every single kind of box you can think of. Its got AC power, Solar Panel AND Battery Backup. Its got the controls
Now all it needs is a windmill and a hydrogen fuel cell, maybe a squirrel on a treadmill driving an alternator. :lol:
Yeah, really.

jkvernon

Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:14 am

I passed through Trumbull County last weekend. I only saw 1 T-128 on the western edge of the county and a Siratone 612 on the eastern edge of the county near a GM plant.

Hacksaw

Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:28 pm

One of the 2001's in Oakland, Calif. is solar powered since it was pretty pricey to run a power cable or power line to it's location.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”