QuantumCurse
YouTube Username: Owen Yokley

Re: Thunderbolt 1003A help and pictures.

Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:18 pm

T1000 Charlie wrote:Good deal! Agastat is just a delayed off relay. In other words it comes on, the cycles off, but continues to run and resets. I think 8 on, 4 off. I used a computer fan for simulation. Wife walks by and looks at it like huh?
Women just never understand how proud men can be of their small accomplishments.
Normal people don't understand us all in general.
Proudly own a Edwards Model E, a Federal Enterprises Model 2, and a semi butched Thunderbolt 1003A converted to "B". Possibly a 3T22 soon.
From the state that was first in flight and last to fight

T1000 Charlie

Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:22 pm

QuantumCurse wrote: Grey looks nice and I'm leaning towards white. I don't want a CD yellow because it's pretty common to find them in that flavor. What do you guys think?
You gotta go with Yellow, it's a Thunderbolt for heaven sake. Going with white or grey would be like the Lincoln memorial with a shaved and crew cut Abe Lincoln. It ain't right. :lol:
There is no such thing as a Thunderbolt that is not worth saving.

QuantumCurse

Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:24 pm

T1000 Charlie wrote:
QuantumCurse wrote: Grey looks nice and I'm leaning towards white. I don't want a CD yellow because it's pretty common to find them in that flavor. What do you guys think?
You gotta go with Yellow, it's a Thunderbolt for heaven sake. Going with white or grey would be like the Lincoln memorial with a shaved and crew cut Abe Lincoln. It ain't right. :lol:
I still don't know.
Proudly own a Edwards Model E, a Federal Enterprises Model 2, and a semi butched Thunderbolt 1003A converted to "B". Possibly a 3T22 soon.

DrDanthrax99

Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:36 pm

Paint it whatever color you like, it's your siren. I've seen white, grey, hell even a video of a green Thunderbolt, installed and in service.
Federal did and still does custom colors upon request.

White and grey are so similar I'd be flipping a coin on it, but that's just me.
"I'm a Clinically Depressed Fecalpheliac on Prozac."

QuantumCurse

Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:28 pm

DrDanthrax99 wrote:Paint it whatever color you like, it's your siren. I've seen white, grey, hell even a video of a green Thunderbolt, installed and in service.

I like both equally

DrDanthrax99

Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:11 pm

QuantumCurse wrote:
DrDanthrax99 wrote:Paint it whatever color you like, it's your siren. I've seen white, grey, hell even a video of a green Thunderbolt, installed and in service.

I like both equally
That's why I said I'd flip a coin. ;)
"I'm a Clinically Depressed Fecalpheliac on Prozac."

SoundMaster 391
Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: SoundMaster 391

Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:42 pm

I think that you should paint it light blue and white. That would seem pretty cool.
Owner of a Federal Enterprises Model 2, Federal Electric Model D, Sentry F2 and AR Timer
Click here for SoundMasters YouTube Channel

QuantumCurse

Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:28 am

SoundMaster 391 wrote:I think that you should paint it light blue and white. That would seem pretty cool.
What parts are light blue?

SoundMaster 391
Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: SoundMaster 391

Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:48 am

Here is a picture to better describe it. It isn't the best but makes it easier to describe. I have 4 color combinations.

1st combination: The entire blower cover, horn, chopper cap, chopper housing and the back and front rotator box covers are painted light blue. The solenoids, rotator seal, left and right rotator box covers, horn support, screen frame, blower pipe and part of the blower frame in the back are painted white.

2nd combination: It is basically the same as the first one except the front of the blower (where the vents are located) and the back of the blower (where the pipe comes out of) are painted white.

3rd combination: Same as the 1st combo except the chopper cap is painted white. I had no picture for this combination, sorry.

4th combination: Basically the 2nd and 3rd combo. Having the back and front of the blower cover white, and the chopper cap is white.

Hope I didn't confuse you on this list lol.
Attachments
Blue #1.png
Blue #1.png (177.85 KiB) Viewed 4276 times
Blue #2.png
Blue #2.png (170.92 KiB) Viewed 4276 times
Owner of a Federal Enterprises Model 2, Federal Electric Model D, Sentry F2 and AR Timer
Click here for SoundMasters YouTube Channel

QuantumCurse

Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:22 am

SoundMaster 391 wrote:
Here is a picture to better describe it. It isn't the best but makes it easier to describe. I have 4 color combinations.

1st combination: The entire blower cover, horn, chopper cap, chopper housing and the back and front rotator box covers are painted light blue. The solenoids, rotator seal, left and right rotator box covers, horn support, screen frame, blower pipe and part of the blower frame in the back are painted white.

2nd combination: It is basically the same as the first one except the front of the blower (where the vents are located) and the back of the blower (where the pipe comes out of) are painted white.

3rd combination: Same as the 1st combo except the chopper cap is painted white. I had no picture for this combination, sorry.

4th combination: Basically the 2nd and 3rd combo. Having the back and front of the blower cover white, and the chopper cap is white.

Hope I didn't confuse you on this list lol.
I like it.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”