Josh_S
YouTube Username: WI Fox Valley Lifts and Alarms

Re: Vintage ACA Tapes

Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:44 pm

Chicagosiren-hunters wrote:This is downright incredible! Actually seeing the inside of the factory, the siren testing and manufacturing facilities, and the installation guidelines were very amazing! I'm surprised that they didn't really capitalize on the Screamer series, the SuperBanshee, or the Howler at all. Final note: did anyone else notice that the Allertor installations used short-horned Allertors on the contrary to the long-horned model they showed at the factory?
Is that the same building ASC has today?[/quote]

No, ASC is located on Bradley Road in Milwaukee now, the plant in the video is located in Mequon which is north of Milwaukee. They switched just a few years ago iirc.
Proud owner of a ATI HPSS16R, a Whelen Hornet, and an ASC T-128ACDC

Snowcube
YouTube Username: Snowcube
Discord: lumex

Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:55 pm

Josh(bearlovesox) wrote:
Chicagosiren-hunters wrote:This is downright incredible! Actually seeing the inside of the factory, the siren testing and manufacturing facilities, and the installation guidelines were very amazing! I'm surprised that they didn't really capitalize on the Screamer series, the SuperBanshee, or the Howler at all. Final note: did anyone else notice that the Allertor installations used short-horned Allertors on the contrary to the long-horned model they showed at the factory?
Is that the same building ASC has today?
No, ASC is located on Bradley Road in Milwaukee now, the plant in the video is located in Mequon which is north of Milwaukee. They switched just a few years ago iirc.[/quote]
What happened to the old building? If it is vacant perhaps there is some treasure in it...
I have an unhealthy obsession with mini sirens.
Thingiverse page

connerdstines

Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:01 pm

That Hurricane sure does look like the one near that fire department in Milwaukee. Always interesting to see what somewhat familiar places looked like decades ago. Also finally got to see a Cyclone chopper apart.
Down to a Thunderbolt chopper, still a few goofy flashlight-siren combos, and a Model L.

Snowcube

Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:28 pm

"The fiberglass on our sirens can be purchased in any color".
Oh what I would do to get a deep blue Allertor, and I would probably drop dead if I found a blue, purple and green allertor...
Thingiverse page

FSThunderboltfan1000
Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: FSThunderboltfan1000

Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:35 pm

Zarlog wrote:
Josh(bearlovesox) wrote:
Is that the same building ASC has today?
No, ASC is located on Bradley Road in Milwaukee now, the plant in the video is located in Mequon which is north of Milwaukee. They switched just a few years ago iirc.
What happened to the old building? If it is vacant perhaps there is some treasure in it...[/quote]

Over the Years ACA and ASC Have had multiple buildings. ACA's first building was located at 1939 North Hubbard Street in Milwaukee. This was where all the Hurricane 130 MKI's were made. The building has since been demolished.
Their next building was located at 10245 N Enterprise Dr. In Mequon. This is the building you see in the video. After ACA Went bankrupt in 1992 Gen Met (a division of B&N) bought the building and now they use it. When ACA was bought out after the bankruptcy they moved their operations to 4801 West Woolworth ave in Milwaukee. They only stayed there for a couple of years before they bought their new and current building on located at 8600 W Bradly Road In Milwaukee.
Proud owner of rcm1, model 2,2T,Model A, Thunderbolt 1003, AF timer, FS SS1000, 500SHST
Wisconsin siren services
https://www.swssirens.com

Vey198885

Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:59 pm

Zarlog wrote:"The fiberglass on our sirens can be purchased in any color".
Oh what I would do to get a deep blue Allertor, and I would probably drop dead if I found a blue, purple and green allertor...
There is a blue one, but im not sure if its still there

Blue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCRAnDBXxgI

FSThunderboltfan1000
Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: FSThunderboltfan1000

Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:10 pm

Vey198885 wrote:

Blue:

Milwaukee county had every color Allertor except brown.Whitefish bay had the teal/ blueish Allertor as seen in the video. Mitchel international airport had white. Greenfield had some light blue ones and Wauwatosa had a yellow one at a golf course.
Proud owner of rcm1, model 2,2T,Model A, Thunderbolt 1003, AF timer, FS SS1000, 500SHST
Wisconsin siren services
https://www.swssirens.com

Snowcube

Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:35 pm

Vey198885 wrote:

Blue:

I meant more of an ocean or deep blue.
Thingiverse page

Vey198885

Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:45 pm

Zarlog wrote:
Vey198885 wrote:

Blue:

I meant more of an ocean or deep blue.
Close enough :P

Brendan W
Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: Brendan Williamson
Discord: Brendan W.#7026

Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:55 pm

connerdstines wrote:That Hurricane sure does look like the one near that fire department in Milwaukee. Always interesting to see what somewhat familiar places looked like decades ago. Also finally got to see a Cyclone chopper apart.
That hurricane is the one behind the FS at 81st and Bradley. I cross referenced the 1979-1980 footage with one of ramfett's videos of the :hurricane: , and both matched up exactly to my eyes. Even the power lines, house behind the siren, everything.
24, and not dead yet.
Registered Skywarn spotter as of 4/29/18
Formerly TboltFan[/i]

Return to “Videos and Media”