Unit of Civil Defense

Saline Co. Ks. to get a new system

Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:35 pm

Heard today that Saline Co. Ks. will be getting a new system. I don't know the particulars, yet, but I am assuming that they will have it in place prior to the 2017 severe weather season. Also, I don't know what will be the out come of the old system....might try and get a :TBolt: or :3t22: if any are to be had via surplus bid.
Rheems1 wrote: I petition that everyone who joins the board should have to put there age or year of birth in thier signature...32 here
....Lifes great, I'm 58

Rohzino

Re: Saline Co. Ks. to get a new system

Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:56 pm

Man, I live there I am now saddened.
I don't own any sirens yet. Lots of 2001-130s around my area, jailbar thunderbolts 1 hour away.

Travis
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: DL1011

Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:33 am

Maybe or maybe not. My city voted for sirens and went into contract back in the summer. Literally today they began installing them.
-The Princess

Unit of Civil Defense

Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:15 am

...I don't know how many are going to be part of the new install or if any of the existing units would be integrated into the new system ...the press release was made to sound as if the installation was to begin soon ...with the exception of the city of Salina, Saline county is pretty much rural with 2 or 3 small farm communities that could be covered quite well with one decent unit within the center of each town. What ever the case may be, the contractor has Four to Four and half months before crunch time.
Rheems1 wrote: I petition that everyone who joins the board should have to put there age or year of birth in thier signature...32 here
....Lifes great, I'm 58

dilloncarpenter

Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:35 pm

If any info on the old sirens comes out, let me know. I'll probably be in a place soon where I'm able to get some more stuff. Also there's a town near me that could REALLY use some sirens, even if they are old.
Kicking it in the siren party since '08

anepstad
YouTube Username: Aaron Nepstad

Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:09 pm

They are going with 2001-130s to replace the old sirens. the plan is to have the new sirens in operation by Apirl 2017. `
Owner of a Federal Signal STH-10, 2 Federal Signal Model A's, 5 Federal Signal Model D's, Federal Signal RX, Federal Signal Model L, Streling F2, ASC T-121, Federal 3T22A and Federal Signal 3T22B

Rohzino

Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:21 pm

I got a picture of a thunderbolt 1000T mounted on top of the Salina Fire Dept. On the corner of Santa Fe and Minneapolis.Image
I don't own any sirens yet. Lots of 2001-130s around my area, jailbar thunderbolts 1 hour away.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”