alineber
YouTube Username: whit138

Salina, Kansas replacing their Thunderbolts

Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:43 pm

I'm not sure if anyone on the board has posted this. When looking for Altec Giant Voice information in Salina, Kansas, I came across this bid document. The city wants the new sirens installed by March 3, 2017

http://www.salina-ks.gov/filestorage/18 ... Packet.pdf

They have several Thunderbolts!!! Those interested in getting a siren need to contact the city and get more information ASAP!

dilloncarpenter

Re: Salina, Kansas replacing their Thunderbolts

Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:52 pm

I think this has been talked about before recently. I'm still interested in obtaining at least one.
Kicking it in the siren party since '08

Tyler
Developer
Developer
YouTube Username: Thunderbolt10031

Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:01 pm

Either way I hope they make good decisions on who to supply the sirens. Hate to see the Thunderbolts go...
My knowledge excels on the Federal Thunderbolt siren and SiraTone EOWS sirens. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Proud owner of
2014 Federal UltraVoice UVICU
1981 SiraTone C/B prototype
1984 SiraTone C/B

alineber

Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:03 pm

OK. Thanks Dillon! If someone wants to remove this post, please do so.

Unit of Civil Defense

Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:09 pm

Yes , there was a discussion, I was the OP https://www.thesirenboard.com/forums/vi ... =2&t=20625 look towards the bottom of page 1.....
The quickest way to be told NO is to start bothering Saline County or the city of Salina about their soon to be replaced sirens. IF the sirens that are being replaced are to be disposed of via a sale, they will show up on either Purple Wave or possibly the state surplus website.....if they choose to get rid of the sirens by other means (scrap yard, donate to another county for use, trade in, etc. etc.) , that's their business and there is nothing anyone can do or say to change that.
Rheems1 wrote: I petition that everyone who joins the board should have to put there age or year of birth in thier signature...32 here
....Lifes great, I'm 58

MKIIProductions
YouTube Username: MKIIProductions
Discord: ncognito#6466

Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:20 pm

Interesting that they are deciding to replace the system, especially with one unit aging only from last year. It would be sweet to see Sentry get the bid for this one. Then maybe a trip to Salina would be worth my while. I need some variety!
The unofficial ARS resident white noise since 2010
http://www.youtube.com/MKIIProductions
Jacob Green - 25, Wichita, Kansas
You can buy any radio you want, just don't buy a Baofeng and call it a scanner.

ONLY YOU CAN PREVENT MALICIOUS ACTIVATIONS

alineber

Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:33 pm

Yes , there was a discussion, I was the OP viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20625 look towards the bottom of page 1.....
The quickest way to be told NO is to start bothering Saline County or the city of Salina about their soon to be replaced sirens. IF the sirens that are being replaced are to be disposed of via a sale, they will show up on either Purple Wave or possibly the state surplus website.....if they choose to get rid of the sirens by other means (scrap yard, donate to another county for use, trade in, etc. etc.) , that's their business and there is nothing anyone can do or say to change that.
Hi, Unit of Civil Defense!

Thank you for the link to this topic. I should have searched before posting and wanted to apologize for not seeing your earlier post.. By the way, I fully agree that no one should bother Salina County by begging them for a siren. However, if I was truly interested in one of these Thunderbolts, I would call the local EMA office and enquire about the old system. I also would let them know of my interest and give them my contact information. Always be polite, friendly, and act like a mature adult. If they call you back fine, but if they never call you take that as a hint that they are not interested.

By the way, I love the age quote you have. LOL! I'm almost 46 years old and get wiser with age.

Take care,
Allen

Tyler
Developer
Developer

Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:03 am

alineber wrote:
Yes , there was a discussion, I was the OP viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20625 look towards the bottom of page 1.....
Hi, Unit of Civil Defense!

Thank you for the link to this topic. I should have searched before posting and wanted to apologize for not seeing your earlier post.. By the way, I fully agree that no one should bother Salina County by begging them for a siren. However, if I was truly interested in one of these Thunderbolts, I would call the local EMA office and enquire about the old system. I also would let them know of my interest and give them my contact information. Always be polite, friendly, and act like a mature adult. If they call you back fine, but if they never call you take that as a hint that they are not interested.

By the way, I love the age quote you have. LOL! I'm almost 46 years old and get wiser with age.

Take care,
Allen
Being mature and professional works wonders and pleases everyone! ;)

What exactly was in the system, was it all Thunderbolts, or were there other sirens?
My knowledge excels on the Federal Thunderbolt siren and SiraTone EOWS sirens. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Proud owner of
1984 SiraTone C/B

alineber

Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:08 am

Being mature and professional works wonders and pleases everyone! ;)

What exactly was in the system, was it all Thunderbolts, or were there other sirens?
Hey Thunderbolt 10031!

I've posted the list below.

The siren removed at the "Golden Spur Mobile Home Park" was a Federal Model 2 or 2T. I have added the picture of this siren, located on Google Map, below the list shown.
Salina Kansas Siren Locations.jpg
Salina Kansas Siren Locations.jpg (74.61 KiB) Viewed 5414 times
Untitled.jpg

Tyler
Developer
Developer

Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:47 am

Oh ok. That's a lot of Thunderbolts, just the way I like it. 8)

Proud owner of
1984 SiraTone C/B

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”