Justin

Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:37 am

I think the reason that the Hurricane 130 isn't coming down is because of the telecommunications company.

They won't allow anyone onto the tower site to take the siren down, including the municipality.

So until the tower comes down, the '130 stays.

Conky 2000

Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:19 pm

There's never going to be a test video of that Hurricane because it is disconnected. Not to get off topic, but does anyone know why the 130 sold so poorly?
If your siren is a-failin'
Chances are that it's a Whelen
And if it's just about to die
Then it must be an ATI

Gil
YouTube Username: gilramirez12

Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:07 pm

There was a lawsuit over it with Federal regarding the Hurricane 130 and the Thunderbolt resemblence, I believe. I think they only mad a few of these.

OrnAlert

Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:09 pm

Justin wrote:I think the reason that the Hurricane 130 isn't coming down is because of the telecommunications company.

They won't allow anyone onto the tower site to take the siren down, including the municipality.

So until the tower comes down, the '130 stays.
Yes, let's leave it at that. I saw the topic which had a really big flamewar about this.
Last edited by OrnAlert on Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leaving Forever. I blew it big time.

Conky 2000

Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:40 pm

Couldn't have said it better myself. Let's try not to get this thread locked like the other one.
If your siren is a-failin'
Chances are that it's a Whelen
And if it's just about to die
Then it must be an ATI

Justin

Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:38 pm

OrnAlert wrote:yes. let's leave it at that. I saw the topic which had a really big flamewar about this.
If we talk about this like adults and not five year olds, it won't come to that, will it?

Unless someone finds another '130 or is able to convince the 'comms company to allow it's removal, I don't see a video any time soon.

Anyone know which company owns the phone tower?

By the way, I've been looking on Google Earth for the phone tower and havn't been able to find squat.

Anyone find it?

Gil
YouTube Username: gilramirez12

Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:58 pm

Justin wrote:
OrnAlert wrote:yes. let's leave it at that. I saw the topic which had a really big flamewar about this.
If we talk about this like adults and not five year olds, it won't come to that, will it?

Unless someone finds another '130 or is able to convince the 'comms company to allow it's removal, I don't see a video any time soon.

Anyone know which company owns the phone tower?

By the way, I've been looking on Google Earth for the phone tower and havn't been able to find squat.

Anyone find it?
Exactly. I can't speak for the kiddies, but i can say that the rest of us are mature enough to talk like human beings. If I remember correctly, that town also has Allertors. As for phone company, I remember someone showed us a satimage of the tower.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”