coastalsyrolover

Another question about blowers.

Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:48 am

So my question is: the 1000Ts loudest blower is the 5M. The 6M on 1000Ts aren't louder than the 5 but are still louder than the 4 despite being a bigger blower. However on the 1000s the 6M appears to be the loudest despite not having the most CFM (the 5M has the most and yet doesn't seem any louder than a 1000 with a 4M.) anyone have any ideas on why that might be?
Own and love a Thunderbolt 1000 and a Model 5.

I have many hobbies and interests. And I love them all.

Christian, Lima, Oscah, November, Golf.

Tyler
Developer
Developer
YouTube Username: Thunderbolt10031

Re: Another question about blowers.

Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:50 am

I think the 5M is the loudest regardless. The 6M is just raspy.
My knowledge excels on the Federal Thunderbolt siren and SiraTone EOWS sirens. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Proud owner of
2014 Federal UltraVoice UVICU
1981 SiraTone C/B prototype
1984 SiraTone C/B

connerdstines

Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:12 am

The 6M is pretty potent. The Thunderbolt 1000 at the Randall County Annex is the only siren here that made me reconsider getting close. I've never heard a 5M in person, but i'm willing to bet honestly the difference is probably not that huge. You can only force so much air through a 3/4" by 3" hole that's closed or partially closed half the time due to the spinning rotor.
Down to a Thunderbolt chopper, still a few goofy flashlight-siren combos, and a Model L.

coastalsyrolover

Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:59 am

I just recall Ian saying the 5M on a single tone doesn't seem any louder than a 4M but the 6 did make it seem a bit louder... the 5M I've defiantly heard about being loudest on the 1000T. I almost suspect it's just the fact that it's a slower running blower? It's not shoveling the air in as hard maybe? Or maybe it's just the rasp that makes it SEEM louder? The only 6M I've heard is the one on my elementary school as a child and of course the one I heard the other day I suspect had a 4M (maybe someone from Nebraska can confirm it. VA hospital in Lincoln.) mine had a 5M but they scrapped that blower and I haven't had a chance to replace it yet... (I think it was fried too...) anyways so I'm not drifting or confusing people too much... I remember the 6M was earth shaking loud but of course so was the 4M... am I just crazy or? Facing me it was for sure louder than the SRNB and what I remember about the 130... you guys too?

holler
High Leg
High Leg
YouTube Username: Blue10AEmia

Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:37 pm

Didn't we already have this conversation about 2-3 years ago?

coastalsyrolover

Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:37 pm

Idk man. I know I've asked about it on 1000Ts and the 5M having more CFM. But on the 1000s the 4 and 5 hardly have a difference yet the 6 seems to be a bit louder (or maybe it's an audio illusion.) I don't believe I've ever asked the latter question before.

Tyler
Developer
Developer
YouTube Username: Thunderbolt10031

Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:59 pm

coastalsyrolover wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:37 pm
Idk man. I know I've asked about it on 1000Ts and the 5M having more CFM. But on the 1000s the 4 and 5 hardly have a difference yet the 6 seems to be a bit louder (or maybe it's an audio illusion.) I don't believe I've ever asked the latter question before.
No matter how you put it, the 5M is and always will be the loudest blower on a stock Thunderbolt.
My knowledge excels on the Federal Thunderbolt siren and SiraTone EOWS sirens. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Proud owner of
2014 Federal UltraVoice UVICU
1981 SiraTone C/B prototype
1984 SiraTone C/B

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”