Arteelx

Re: Siren stories from trucking (or driving anything really.)

Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:58 am

One of my very first (and favorite) siren experiences happened while driving my pickup truck to an evening class I was taking at a local community college. It was Spring or Summer 1995, and I was living in Clinton County, Iowa at the time.

I had the windows open because it was very warm for that time of year, and I remember the wind picking up and the sky getting blacker and blacker as I was making my way towards school. As I turned off of the main road and onto a side-street, I heard two different sirens spool up...one coming from the west, and one coming from the south (from the town where my apartment was located). They were probably Thunderbolts, because I remember the volume increasing and decreasing as the sirens rotated around. It was the eeriest scene you could imagine, like the world was about to end.

I made it to the school, but we spent the entire class period crouched in the hallway. I believe that 5 separate tornado warnings were issued for the county that evening. Ahhhh, the good ol' days. I miss Iowa dearly.
2T22 or not 2T22...THAT is the question.

coastalsyrolover

Re: Siren stories from trucking (or driving anything really.)

Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:10 am

Yea parts of Iowa still have thunderbolts so I wouldn’t be surprised. Sorry y’all... step dad is from there and I thought I’d mention that.
Own and love a Thunderbolt 1000 and a Model 5.

I have many hobbies and interests. And I love them all.

Christian, Lima, Oscah, November, Golf.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”