metalstorm
YouTube Username: metalstorm1217

Hawaii air raid testing to begin Friday

Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:39 am

In light of increasing missile testing from North Korea Hawaii will begin testing their statewide siren system this Friday with a new tone to warn of attack. www.reuters.com/article/us-northkorea-

metalstorm

Re: Hawaii air raid testing to begin Friday

Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:42 am

fitch2711

YouTube Username: Siren MN

Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:45 am

Was just about to post this. When I first saw this I thought it meant bringing back the Thunderbolts since it said something about bringing back the cold war era siren sound, haha. Anyway, this is pretty interesting.
Proud owner of a 4/5 port Thunderbolt 1000T (A1 blower)

Discord name - vmh21

metalstorm

Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:54 am

Maybe a Tbolt recording through the new I Force sirens? Doubt it but those I Force sirens are talented and should be interesting to hear what function is used.

fitch2711

YouTube Username: Siren MN

Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:00 am

metalstorm wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:54 am
Maybe a Tbolt recording through the new I Force sirens? Doubt it but those I Force sirens are talented and should be interesting to hear what function is used.
I heard it just a little while ago in a video in a conference room, it's just a normal wail tone for the Modulators. They don't use I-Force's, at least I don't know if that one I-Force is still there or if it was taken away with the Thunderbolts.
Proud owner of a 4/5 port Thunderbolt 1000T (A1 blower)

Discord name - vmh21

metalstorm

Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:13 am

I thought they had gone with ASC for the new system. They were supposed to be replacing the old system. Guess that's what I get for thinking lol.

Chem_Boffin_6589
YouTube Username: Alfie Woolard
Discord: Alfie

Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:15 pm

All sirens that aren't new Modulators (some new DSAs are also being installed) will be replaced with Modulators. Every SiraTone was upgraded to UltraVoice in preparation for Modulator replacement. As cellular activation was put in place all I-Forces were retrofitted with UV controls which frankly ruined them. Similarly, all other sirens had cellular radio receivers added to them. Never mind though, they'll be replaced with Modulators. As usual all sirens taken down due to replacement are being scrapped.

Still cool to have the attack signal being used for the first time in 18(?) years or so. Looking forward to the test recordings!

Now all we need is for those North Koreans to attatch a warhed onto those ICBMs they've made...
Alfie Woolard
Federal Signal MC know-it-all.
Installed, initiated and maintains school campus warning system.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtGVVz ... 8BQ47VmdHg

jacob585
YouTube Username: SouthMissouriSirens
Discord: MidMissouriSirens#9512

Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:05 am

They are so over hyping this North Korean Missiles can't hit s***! If they were smart Federal could make a payday off of this if they brought back the Tbolts with SRNB rotaters! if Hawaii was smart they'd start refurbishing there thunderbolts! Besides if NK even started loading there nukes China would pounce on them instantly!
I'm Jacob Ulrich or MidMissouriSirens on youtube.

My Missouri Siren Map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit? ... 57595&z=10

Model L
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: Egress
Discord: Egress.

Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:41 am

yes, they actually can hit S***. Namely ME, apparently. and no, china wouldnt pounce. CHINA SUPPLIES THEM WITH COAL AND THEY HAVE A TRADE AGREEMENT. federal will never bring back the thunderbolt, and hawaii will not start refurbishing their thunderbolts. stop dreamin and live in the real world for a day or 2.
Resident of Beaverton, Oregon
Proud owner of 2 Model L's and a 1984 WS-3000 serial # 717
19 years old
want to chat? send me a request on discord: Egress.#7444 or DM me

SoundMaster 391
Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: SoundMaster 391

Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:15 am

To fix up the confusion in this post, let me explain.
Maybe a Tbolt recording through the new I Force sirens? Doubt it but those I Force sirens are talented and should be interesting to hear what function is used. -metalstorm
Few years back the I-Forces got an UltraVoice upgrade, so it will sound like most other Modulators/EOWS sirens in the state. Also playing Thunderbolt audio through the speakers is not a good idea since it will eventually ruin the speaker drivers.
I heard it just a little while ago in a video in a conference room, it's just a normal wail tone for the Modulators. They don't use I-Force's, at least I don't know if that one I-Force is still there or if it was taken away with the Thunderbolts. -fitch2711
Yes that is true, all electronic siren will use the basic wail function for the attack signal. Where did you hear that we don't use our I-Forces anymore? We still do use them and we have more then 1 standing.
I thought they had gone with ASC for the new system. They were supposed to be replacing the old system. Guess that's what I get for thinking lol. -metalstorm
From 2009 through 2012, Hawaii was experimenting with ASC to see if the sirens were any good. Eventually we switched back to Federal due to problems with mounting the solar panel on top of the I-Force. And yes, Hawaii is currently in the process of replacing all the old sirens with new Mod 6024B's.
They are so over hyping this North Korean Missiles can't hit s***! If they were smart Federal could make a payday off of this if they brought back the Tbolts with SRNB rotaters! if Hawaii was smart they'd start refurbishing there thunderbolts! Besides if NK even started loading there nukes China would pounce on them instantly! -jacob585
That has got to be the dumbest idea I ever heard. Why would Federal try to get Hawaii to refurbish there old sirens when they can get more money selling them new 6024B's? Most of the Thunderbolts are not in the best of shape anyways due to the salty air causing the metal to rust faster.

That's it for now. If you guys have anymore questions to ask, feel free to reply to my message.
Owner of a Federal Enterprises Model 2, Federal Electric Model D, Sentry F2 and AR Timer
Click here for SoundMasters YouTube Channel

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”