Dorianelevator
YouTube Username: TheOfficialDorianelevator

Re: the CICCA siren rabbit hole

Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:29 pm

Darley Champion wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:58 am
Besides the small Ciccas, there's some that look like CEN or Demays, making them a bit harder to distinguish, such as the one my friend had, I vividly remember it said "Sirene Cicca" on the motor tag.

Hell if I knew where the pictures of it went...
tho, i recently filmed another siren up in Le Val, video here :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OigpdJLYbuk
it appears to be a regular CEN siren, very similar to this one :
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/sK2etxs3Gmo
that julien boller filmed, i assume its the same model, that being a NP2S from CEN. no intresting CICCA sirens sadly. for may, i will film Videauban for sure, i just want to see what that thing is, in april i was forced to film another one as i didnt have time for Videauban, but in may i promise i will.

HudsonRiverSirens
YouTube Username: HudsonRiverSirens
Discord: gls5768

Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:04 pm

Dorianelevator wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:25 pm
HudsonRiverSirens wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:59 pm
Dorianelevator wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:04 am

its actually 6 horns, not 5, and in one older google maps shot it looks like it had 7 horns, weird... tho its indeed worth it, and thanks for the word summer i completly forgot, tho i have not found any more CICCA sirens for now...
It looks like it had more horns at some point and they just fell off.
maybe, it probably had 7 horns but for some reason one of them fell off, as in a 2008 street view, a 7th horn can be seen, i have no clue...
I also think that the 4 horn siren, unless you have seen inside of it, might have more than 4 ports, but i guess we’ll just have to wait for a recording before we know for sure.
Sirens may not be sexy, but they sure work.

Dorianelevator

Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:36 pm

HudsonRiverSirens wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:04 pm
Dorianelevator wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:25 pm
HudsonRiverSirens wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:59 pm

It looks like it had more horns at some point and they just fell off.
maybe, it probably had 7 horns but for some reason one of them fell off, as in a 2008 street view, a 7th horn can be seen, i have no clue...
I also think that the 4 horn siren, unless you have seen inside of it, might have more than 4 ports, but i guess we’ll just have to wait for a recording before we know for sure.
i think the same, it might be a 8 port siren in disguise.

Darley Champion
Location: Gouvieux (department of Oise), Hauts-de-France (formerly Picardie)

Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:51 pm

That was my first guess too, it wouldn't surprise me if this was the case. There was some sirens that were mounted in bell towers that had the same arrangement, 8 ports but only four larger horns.
19 (and soon to be 20) years old french siren enthusiast, hailing from what was called "Picardy"
[url=http:s//www.steamsignature.com]Image[/url]
This is my official Youtube

Dorianelevator

Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:22 am

Darley Champion wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:51 pm
That was my first guess too, it wouldn't surprise me if this was the case. There was some sirens that were mounted in bell towers that had the same arrangement, 8 ports but only four larger horns.
this is the case at Villecroze where a Pakita LCI3P siren was mounted with only 4 horns attached, but 8 ports. we can even see the other 4 ports with no horns if you look closely, weirdly, this specific LCI3P was painted in black, which is rare, and its in my area, so thats how i know it. and before you ask yes it was mounted on top of a bell tower. theres another siren in a bell tower up in Saint-Maximin-La-Sainte-Baume but this time they managed to fit all the horns in it, and that one is a Demay R3P but with round horn attachments, maybe its a more obscure model of it ??? no clue... as for Videauban, it feels natural, only 4 horns and the holes for the 4 other ports are nowhere to be seen, maybe its like those CEN sirens that julien boller calls the "double motor" sirens as they seem to have a motor spinning faster, but i belive these are just regular sirens with a inverted gear reduction in front of the motor, so maybe that 4 port siren in Videauban is actually 4 port and just has a 2:1 gear ratio, i seriously have no clue, tho i belive that i might be right as the bottom section where the motor is is quite long, tho, as always, no clue.

and thats all i have to say.

Darley Champion

Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:00 pm

That 2:1 theory sounds pretty interesting, not that it would be visible Somehow?

Judging from the apparence of the Xonrupt siren, I'd be more inclined to say that it's indeed a faster motor that was fitted.
19 (and soon to be 20) years old french siren enthusiast, hailing from what was called "Picardy"

Dorianelevator

Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:20 am

Darley Champion wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:00 pm
That 2:1 theory sounds pretty interesting, not that it would be visible Somehow?

Judging from the apparence of the Xonrupt siren, I'd be more inclined to say that it's indeed a faster motor that was fitted.
we will probably only know when i come and film the siren in may (the one in Videauban as its the same as Xonrupt and is close to where i live).
tho, for the may test, there is an extremly rare situation, normally, if the first wednesday is a "jour ferié" then they will skip to the next wednesday to do the test, thats the case in may because it landed on may 1st, the problem is that the 8th of may (the next wednesday) just so happens to also be a "jour ferié" so because of that they are going to delay it to the 2nd of may which isnt even a wednesday, so now you know. (info from julien boller)

Darley Champion

Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:29 pm

They used to do the same thing in my area, if it fell on a holiday, they'd skip it to either the day after or next Wednesday,

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”