Jim_Ferer

Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:27 pm

Clear strobes in many states - New York is one - are illegal for non-emergency vehicles. Mine are amber tubes.

Daniel

Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:01 am

Maybe you should move to Oregon. We need more people in this state, and every other mail carrier is driving a private vehicle with one or two amber rotors on the roof.
Lex orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.

StonedChipmunk

Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:17 pm

Two things I forgot to add:

1.) I'm living in Tennessee right now and probably will be living here for the rest of my life anyways. I only plan on driving to Cali to visit my parents occasionally. That's why I mentioned it, I'd rather have something small and compact (and maybe easily hidden). However, amber is legal here so no problems there.

2.) The money I plan on spending will most likely be reimbursed by my grandparents, so anything below $2000 is probably negligible.

It's purely for hobby purposes... I won't be messing around with them on public streets without permission from an LEO.
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence indicating that you tried.

Justin

Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:51 pm

StonedChipmunk wrote:$2000 is probably negligible.
It's purely for hobby purposes. I won't be messing around with them on public streets without permission from an LEO.
Since when is two grand negligible?
able to be neglected or discarded.
Personally, there are better ways of spending your money than just to outfit your car with LED's that, realistically, probably won't get used all that often (if at all). Granted it's for a hobby, but two thousand dollars??!! You could score two complete Thunderbolts and bits and pieces for restoration for $2000 (depending on where you looked, of course).
Stick the money in a high interest account and forget about it for a few years. It'll earn money.

I'm not trying to sound like an arsehole (or be one for that matter), you should really think this through. Chances are, you won't see that kind of money very often and to do with it what you want to do, seems like a waste when you could get so much more.

Jim_Ferer

Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:10 am

Listen to Justin. Treat every dollar as if it was yours. If $2,000 is a lot to you, it's a lot to your grandparents. They love you, treat them that way.

StonedChipmunk

Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:02 am

... OK, let me make this perfectly clear as to prevent any "invest your money" issues.

Out of the 150 million I'll be getting of inheritance eventually, 2k is absolutely nothing. I didn't want to state it at first because now everyone will be whining and moaning about how I'm full of it, but in any situation just give me some good suppliers and we can get on with this.

Feel free to close if you want to though, Justin. I don't see this thread going in the direction I had planned it to.
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence indicating that you tried.

Justin

Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:05 am

Funnily enough, I didn't either.

Thread closed on request.

Return to “Other Warning Systems - Indoor, Outdoor and Vehicular”