kswx29

Thunderbolt 1000T Close up

Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:17 pm

I have a ton of old siren videos that were posted on the old board, that I saved. I have decided to create a youtube account (Don't want to post them on mine) and put them on a youtube account called: sirensrus ...kina like Sirens 'R Us...(had to come up with something.) Anyway, here is the first one (Will upload some later)...a Thunderbolt 1000T close up doing a 3 minute Alert, I believe it is somewhere in Michigan.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeC9F5450NY
*May not be available yet.

EDIT:
Be sure to subscribe to sirensrus, as I will be slowly adding videos in the comming week.
-Once known as 2t22boy (Dylan)
Youtube | Flickr

guitarguy1985
YouTube Username: guitarguy19852

Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:07 am

Another Thunderbolt with an unusually slow wind-down. Great recording.

NFRANGA

Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:29 am

It has a noticeable hiccup on the wind down after the blower shuts off. I notice many Thunderbolts suffer from that

holler
High Leg
High Leg
YouTube Username: Blue10AEmia

Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:07 am

Great audio of the blower, how loud is it (blower) in person?

Jim Z

Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:07 am

a Thunderbolt 1000T close up doing a 3 minute Alert, I believe it is somewhere in Michigan.
It was. That siren was in a small park at Masonic Blvd. & Kelly Rd. in Fraser. It was replaced by a 2001-SRNB sometime in the last year or so.

kswx29

Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:32 am

Jim Z wrote:
a Thunderbolt 1000T close up doing a 3 minute Alert, I believe it is somewhere in Michigan.
It was. That siren was in a small park at Masonic Blvd. & Kelly Rd. in Fraser. It was replaced by a 2001-SRNB sometime in the last year or so.
Did you create the video posted above?
-Once known as 2t22boy (Dylan)
Youtube | Flickr

ver tum
YouTube Username: LouisvilleTorn8o

Re: Thunderbolt 1000T Close up

Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:33 am

Notice that this TBolt doesn't have the same harmonics as normal TBolts. This is common in most slow wind-down TBolts I've heard. Also, the wind-down gets faster when the blower shuts off.
Josh
Owner of a Federal Signal Model D
Audio
YouTube

Jim Z

Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:39 pm

2t22boy wrote:
Jim Z wrote:
Did you create the video posted above?
nope. I think it was this guy, but it was on an older incarnation of this board and I can't find the post.
Notice that this TBolt doesn't have the same harmonics as normal TBolts. This is common in most slow wind-down TBolts I've heard. Also, the wind-down gets faster when the blower shuts off.
honestly I think that has a lot to do with the recording location. in the video we're talking about, he was standing pretty close to the base of the pole the siren's mounted on.

Jim Z

Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:17 pm

holler wrote:Great audio of the blower, how loud is it (blower) in person?
real loud. I've driven past the Harper Woods 1000T's that EL1998P71 recorded, and you can easily hear the blower when you're somewhat close to it. It helps that you are closer to the base of the pole, therefore the siren isn't "beaming" sound right at you.

ver tum
YouTube Username: LouisvilleTorn8o

Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:55 pm

Jim Z wrote:real loud. I've driven past the Harper Woods 1000T's that EL1998P71 recorded, and you can easily hear the blower when you're somewhat close to it. It helps that you are closer to the base of the pole, therefore the siren isn't "beaming" sound right at you.

Actually, when the blower is running by itself, it's much softer for some reason. I guess that the air from the chopper amplifies the blower's sound, just as the air from the blower amplifies the sound of the chopper.

About the different harmonics, I've personally heard some slow wind-down TBolts from about a mile away, and at least one of them definitely had different harmonics than regular TBolts. The one that Ben1003 recorded has very similar harmonics.
Josh
Owner of a Federal Signal Model D
Audio
YouTube

Return to “Videos and Media”