mgear

Macon, GA candy cane Whelen?

Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:15 am

As I was driving past the Fair-Ground sin Macon, GA; I noticed an omni-directional Whelen painted in Red & White, does anyone know why?
Sean Matt

murrfarms
YouTube Username: murrfarms

Re: Macon, GA candy cane Whelen?

Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:56 am

mgear wrote:As I was driving past the Fair-Ground sin Macon, GA; I noticed an omni-directional Whelen painted in Red & White, does anyone know why?
Wow that's new to me, I haven't come across that one yet. What is really weird about it is that it, to my knowledge, is the only omni-directional Whelen in Macon, as the rest of their Whelens are Vortex-Rs. I'll have to go check that one out next time I'm out that way! Did you get a good enough look at it to be able to tell at least what series it is? (2700, 2800, or 2900)

kylew
New User

Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:37 am

Wow, I haven't been on here in ages. To correct Mr. Thunderbolt, there is an omnidirectional Whelen mounted on top of the University Center at Mercer University--right across from my apartment building.

Ironically, it did NOT wake me up this morning when Bibb County tested the sirens, though it did wake up many of my friends :lol:.

fedsigtbolt

Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:25 pm

Is this it? (photo not mine)

Image[/img]
Just because I said so Dosen't mean do it! Wait what?

holler
High Leg
High Leg
YouTube Username: Blue10AEmia

Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:37 pm

That's not even in Georgia. He is talking about a Whelen Omnidirectional.

carexpertandy
YouTube Username: carexpertandy

Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:03 am

fedsigtbolt wrote:Is this it? (photo not mine)

Image[/img]
Let me just say that its unusual to see a red Whelen. I'm sure a lot of you don't care, but it just came to my attention very unusually.
Resident of a county with big a mixture of sirens, but in the process of being replaced. :(

mgear

Re: Macon, GA candy cane Whelen?

Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:14 am

mr_thunderbolt1003 wrote:
mgear wrote:As I was driving past the Fair-Ground sin Macon, GA; I noticed an omni-directional Whelen painted in Red & White, does anyone know why?
Wow that's new to me, I haven't come across that one yet. What is really weird about it is that it, to my knowledge, is the only omni-directional Whelen in Macon, as the rest of their Whelens are Vortex-Rs. I'll have to go check that one out next time I'm out that way! Did you get a good enough look at it to be able to tell at least what series it is? (2700, 2800, or 2900)
No, it was kinda hard to get a good look at it, but the colors stood out very well.
Sean Matt

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”