Charlie Davidson
Developer
Developer
YouTube Username: soccerdude7330Official

Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:58 am

Excellent video, thanks for sharing!
Charlie Davidson

Storm Chasing? Storm Chasing.
Proud owner of a fully operational Thunderbolt 1000T warning siren. Test your speakers.

The YouTube Channel is alive again.

Looking for a manual? I probably have it here: SirenManuals.com

Federal Signal fan

Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:29 am

A neat small community, isn't it? It appears the supposed telephone wire is used to activate it? Also, does the siren get signals or electricity from the wire, for it would be quite not the best thing to go and send off each siren individually, and time consuming. That is what I would call "Favorite Worthy", I added it to my favorites. I always loved Penetrator series sirens, and you've recorded quite the model...

Thank you for taking the time, and sharing it with us.

Sincerely,
Joshua

EDIT REASON: I spelt "of" instead of "off"...
So, apparently, I like Federal Signal...

Trey
YouTube Username: SD10s4ever

Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:12 am

Good video! It appears that this P-15 is in great condition.
Federal Signal fan wrote:A neat small community, isn't it? It appears the supposed telephone wire is used to activate it? Also, does the siren get signals or electricity from the wire, for it would be quite not the best thing to go and send off each siren individually, and time consuming. That is what I would call "Favorite Worthy", I added it to my favorites. I always loved Penetrator series sirens, and you've recorded quite the model...

Thank you for taking the time, and sharing it with us.

Sincerely,
Joshua

EDIT REASON: I spelt "of" instead of "off"...
If you are talking about the cable that is just below the siren, that is the electric service cable. That is the same type of cable that runs from your electric service provider's transformer to your house, the major difference being that this one is three phase. This cable is always energized unless the power is out or it is disconnected. That means that the siren is powered when the control panel activates it. I would assume that the controls are activated at the pole (possibly radio though...) since the video says the siren is privately owned and operated for a small trailer park by a SKYWARN storm spotter for the NWS.

carexpertandy
YouTube Username: carexpertandy

Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:50 pm

I can't tell exactly which intake tube it has, but it looks like the cone-shaped one to me. No, I'm not trying to say this is a P-10, I know the tube doesn't tell the difference. What I'm trying to say is that I think this is the first single-toned Penetrator with that tube that I've seen.

My guess is that older ones had the cone-shaped, and the newer ones had the straight ones? Or, did they make them with both at the same time?
Resident of a county with big a mixture of sirens, but in the process of being replaced. :(

Return to “Videos and Media”