TSMaster5150

Federal Signal 3T22 { Alert }

Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:57 am

Today was the tornado drill for Oakland County and they tested their sirens for 3 (almost 4) minutes in alert. I decided to record this 3T22 which wasn't that loud (I took my hearing protection out).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DyZCnwfib0

holler
High Leg
High Leg
YouTube Username: Blue10AEmia

Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:28 am

It doesn't sound too well and the pitch wavers throughout the recording. Did you take any closeup pictures of it or not? I'm curious to see if it's a single phase model.

TSMaster5150

Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:05 pm

holler wrote:It doesn't sound too well and the pitch wavers throughout the recording. Did you take any closeup pictures of it or not? I'm curious to see if it's a single phase model.
No I didn't get any pictures because of the power lines in the way and someone from the FD coming over and asking me what I was doing so I just filmed and left.

SouthDakotaBoy2009

Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:01 pm

No I didn't get any pictures because of the power lines in the way and someone from the FD coming over and asking me what I was doing so I just filmed and left.
Nice video, I bet the wavering is from the wind going against the chopper, Duprees old 3T22 had this problem as well, there was a fire at a contructions workers Trailer & tit was very very windy & it caused the sirern to be less heard.

And you shouldn't feel worried about the firemen he was prob curious about you, It really depends on how they (officals) treat you. 8)
You Are What You Are & I Yam What I Yam
My Youtube Account:
http://www.youtube.com/user/DigitalEagleInc

TSMaster5150

Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:27 pm

SouthDakotaBoy2009 wrote: And you shouldn't feel worried about the firemen he was prob curious about you, It really depends on how they (officals) treat you. 8)
Yeah I just explained to him about the tornado drill (he didn't even know about it) and then he told me that some people at the FD were asking what I was doing so he came over to see what I was doing. He was real nice (shook my hand a few times) and just said that next time I come out to just let them know what I'm doing and left.

EL1998P71

Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:15 pm

Nice recording joe!
You beat me to that one :D
It sounds alot better than the Ortonville one.
I have pic's of the brandon twp one, but they are ok, I need to go back and retake them.
Proud Owner of too many sirens, lightbars, civil defense items, and diecast cars

Return to “Videos and Media”