uncommonsense

Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:57 am

Missouri State University in Springfield, MO has two SD-10s and one 1998ish STH-10. Certainly not state of the art, but they get the job done and done well. That STH-10, especially, can be heard across campus. The SD-10s are both on the oldest part of campus and you can stand in one place and see both clearly.

Springfield itself is 2001 country. Oddly enough, none have battery back-up. Supposedly the 2001s replaced a system of T-Bolts an 2T22s, but they were long gone before I got here.

Jpressman8

Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:05 am

Oldiesmann wrote:There is a P-15 in Oxford, but it's not actually on the Miami University campus. There aren't any sirens on the MU campus to my knowledge.

About half of Oxford is the Campus. :lol: I almost went to college ,but I bombed on that one. The P-15 is on Elm street correct. It has been awhile since i've been up there. Xavier U has no sirens ,but the campus is surrounded by 2 Tbolts and an SD-10. The Tbolt on the EPA building in Clifton is a Federal building so it is not part of U.of Cincinnati's campus.
five liter V8

Oldiesmann
YouTube Username: Oldiesmann

Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:19 am

True... Miami University is about the only thing keeping Oxford on the map :P

The siren is on West Church Street between North Elm Street and North College Avenue.

http://www.tinyurl.com/oxford-p15
Michael "Oldiesmann" Eshom
SMF

3t22
YouTube Username: federal3t22

Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:36 am

I was reading that someone donated a 2900 series possibily a 2905 to Central CT State University about a year or so ago. The only other university I know of that has a siren system in CT is UConn, which has ASC E-Class' Ctsirenhunter may know more.

This happenes to mention a system on the West Hartford campus, but they also have them on the main Storrs campus as well
http://hartford.uconn.edu/Emergency/WarningSystem.html

ACAP10

Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:33 am

Univeristy of North Dakota has 2001 SRN's surrounding it, but none are actually on campus. Same with NDSU, except they have Whelen omni's around the campus.

Nelso, I never really went on campus at U of M Crookston, but I passed it and didn't see an STH-10; I have seen the 2001 SRNB down Highway 2 and also the Tbolt 1003 and EOWS 612 in Crookston.

JasonC
Administrator
Administrator
YouTube Username: Jsncrso

Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:37 pm

UNC - NICE system of Modulators

NC State - ATI's

NC A&T - one T-128

Elon University - Whelen 290x

UNC Charlotte - Whelen 2910

500AT

Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:40 pm

Eastern Michigan University, in Ypsilanti, Michigan:

Two Federal 2001 SRNBs, and one Federal SiraTone EOWS 115.

University of Michigan, in Ann Arbor, Michigan:

Several Whelen 2810 units area spread across North and Central Campuses.

Sincerely yours,

Ron W.

"When your siren's a failin', chances are it's a Whelen."

CTsirenhunter

Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:56 pm

3t22 wrote:I was reading that someone donated a 2900 series possibily a 2905 to Central CT State University about a year or so ago. The only other university I know of that has a siren system in CT is UConn, which has ASC E-Class' Ctsirenhunter may know more.

This happenes to mention a system on the West Hartford campus, but they also have them on the main Storrs campus as well
http://hartford.uconn.edu/Emergency/WarningSystem.html
They indeed have them on both the West Hartford campus and the Hartford (Law School) campus. They were added (so it seems) a few months after the ones on the Storrs campus. Presumably, they were also added to any other UCONN campuses throughout the state. Interestingly enough, right across the street from the small campus of the Law School, on the property of the Hartford Seminary, is one of the Thunderbolts of the Hartford city system!
I left this board in early 2010. I am not a part of the siren community in any sense anymore. I will not provide assistance or information.

3t22
YouTube Username: federal3t22

Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:29 am

JasonC wrote:UNC - NICE system of Modulators

NC State - ATI's

NC A&T - one T-128

Elon University - Whelen 290x

UNC Charlotte - Whelen 2910
you just reminded me of a pic I saw on the net not to long ago, UNC Wilmington has a T-121

http://www.theseahawk.org/news/2007/08/ ... 2390.shtml

Rheems1

Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:29 am

The only three sirens I know of for colleges are the Franklin and Marshall Campus in Lancaster, Pa which has a Whelen 2903, Penn State-Mont Alto (where my beautiful fiance goes) has those Mad-Com (or MahCom) speakers and Millersville University also has the Madcom speakers. I have heard that Virgina Tech has some kind of Whelens but I don't recall what or where I heard that.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”