SoundOff
YouTube Username: yuandrew

Model 5 and Thunderbolt sounding at kx250rider's ranch

Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:53 am

I had thought about going to the Regan museum today but also decided to stop bykx250rider's place first for his last-Friday-of-the-month siren test of the Thunderbolt.

Anyway, seeing how we also had the bare model-5 and since it was just sitting at the side of the house next to the electrical meter, we decided to also quickly wire it up. A breaker was already attached to the cable leading to the model 5 so all we had to do was unscrew the face plate from the panel and plug the breaker onto the contacts.

I stood on the other side of the house where I could see the Bolt but even at that location, the model 5 (behind the red truck in the video) had a strong, penetrating sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdxlNYzfIBg

I wasn't able to make it to the Museum though since my Boss's wife called me and wanted me to go to work earlier as my boss wanted me to test a few new products.
"Calling Out To All"

kx250rider
Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: kx250racer

Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:00 pm

That video came out good... It almost seems like the Model 5 is louder than the Thunderbolt, even though it's completely out of the direct line of sight. Some time I want to either have someone get a recording of it from a good distance away, like maybe even the Reagan Library. Being that Moorpark is basically a valley, I bet the accoustics will cause the sound to be audible from pretty far away.

Glad you stopped by!

Charles
Yes, that's a real 500-lb Federal SD-10 I'm holding (braggart!)

Return to “Videos and Media”