Charlie Davidson
Developer
Developer
YouTube Username: soccerdude7330Official

Burns, TN Vol. Fire Dept. Federal Model 7 (Attack Mode)

Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:07 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDzXe3ZNdAU

This is the 3rd Wednesday of the month noon test of the sirens in Dickson County, TN. This particular siren is a Federal Signal Model 7 (7.5hp) Tornado Siren located behind the Burns Volunteer Fire Department. Listen closely before the siren starts up and you will be able to hear the Sentry 16V1T-B at the Industrial Park going off in Alert mode.

This siren appears to be a 70's model, and still runs strong (and very loud) to this day. It is currently used for Fire and Medical calls, as well as tornado warnings.

Big thanks to the guys at the station for the info and tour of the other parts of this monster!
Charlie Davidson

Storm Chasing? Storm Chasing.
Proud owner of a fully operational Thunderbolt 1000T warning siren. Test your speakers.

The YouTube Channel is alive again.

Looking for a manual? I probably have it here: SirenManuals.com

md5
YouTube Username: bctrainers

Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:37 am

Well, it sounds great... just that the thing liked to rotate the shroud! Someone should at some point tweak the bolts on it down. :P

Nice video as always. :)
--bc

Cyrun

Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:17 pm

Hard to tell in the video, but is it missing a base plate that the housing would sit on?

Charlie Davidson
Developer
Developer
YouTube Username: soccerdude7330Official

Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:17 pm

Cyrun wrote:Hard to tell in the video, but is it missing a base plate that the housing would sit on?
Yes it is. I noticed that when I was taking pictures of the underside of the siren, which I will post when I get back home this evening. Right now the shrould is just sitting on top of the siren, unrestrained. I would hate to see some high winds roll through anytime soon! :shock:

It's missing the eyehook too, so that's one reason that it just whobbles about when it's going off. I believe that installing an eyehook alone would fix the problem.
Charlie Davidson

Storm Chasing? Storm Chasing.
Proud owner of a fully operational Thunderbolt 1000T warning siren. Test your speakers.

The YouTube Channel is alive again.

Looking for a manual? I probably have it here: SirenManuals.com

Return to “Videos and Media”