carexpertandy
YouTube Username: carexpertandy

Re: ASC will unveil a new brand identity and logo in the second quarter of 2016.

Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:15 pm

It seems like a lot of companies have been creating logos that are more simple than the previous one lately. Usually, if you're not a fan of it immediately, you get used to it though.
Resident of a county with big a mixture of sirens, but in the process of being replaced. :(

Brendan Ahern

Re: ASC will unveil a new brand identity and logo in the second quarter of 2016.

Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:39 pm

Yes the previous one was good, but the one before that was pretty simplistic too. Logos change, products change. I don't think the new logo is any better or worse, just different.

CycloneFan125
YouTube Username: Sirens & Elevators

Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:22 pm

JMAN12343610 wrote:Has everybody forgot that ASC announced months ago that they were coming out with a new line of sirens? New logo fits new sound.
Isn't one of the new products called like an R&D Pipeline or something. I saw something about it on their facebook page.

CrazyCalvinWilliams
YouTube Username: CrazyCalvinWilliams

Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:11 pm

MKEsignal135 wrote:
uncommonsense wrote:I'm honestly so sick of everyone trying to attach some personal meaning or story to their logo. The "branding" craze has gotten too far out of control.
Made some edits in notability on my school iPad to get this. Would you rather see that new logo on a T-128 or the one ASC uses right now?
Is that what the logo is really going to look like? I don't like it. I hate the modern sterile look of newer logos. Keep it old and good!

CycloneFan125
YouTube Username: Sirens & Elevators

Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:35 pm

CrazyCalvinWilliams wrote:
MKEsignal135 wrote:
uncommonsense wrote:I'm honestly so sick of everyone trying to attach some personal meaning or story to their logo. The "branding" craze has gotten too far out of control.
Made some edits in notability on my school iPad to get this. Would you rather see that new logo on a T-128 or the one ASC uses right now?
Is that what the logo is really going to look like? I don't like it. I hate the modern sterile look of newer logos. Keep it old and good!
It even looks weird on the ASC control boxes
Attachments
image.png
image.png

JMAN
YouTube Username: JMAN.WiS&S
Discord: @JMAN.WiS&S#2001

Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:42 am

MKEsignal135 wrote:
JMAN12343610 wrote:Has everybody forgot that ASC announced months ago that they were coming out with a new line of sirens? New logo fits new sound.
Isn't one of the new products called like an R&D Pipeline or something. I saw something about it on their facebook page.
R&D pipeline has made several appearances on their page. Im pretty sure they are talking about the Research and Development Process. Hence R&D Pipeline
Owner of a Federal Signal 2001-DC & B9

YouTube: https://youtube.com/c/JMANWiSS
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/people/99160587@N07/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jman.wissotas ... als/?hl=en
Discord: JMAN.WiS&S#2001

SirenMadness

Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:08 am

Awful! That logo looks straight ripped from some unknown foreign, generic brand selling door-buzzers. I wonder, this is the kind of crap one would expect Hormann to have pulled on American Signal as part of a corporate restructuring in the nineties. It's not that the new scribble is going to change anything for the worse, but it stands out in horrible taste.
Recognized as a global leader in the development of mass notification solutions this rebrand reflects ASC’s evolution and vision for the future.
If you're trying to draw a parallel to your company's lofty, ambitious goals with your formal advertising expression by metric of an honest representation of your company's core strengths, at least invest in a graphic designer who can bring out the all-important abstract that draws customers in. Few things puzzle me more than searching through a phone book, webpage, or whatever, and realizing that the business name below that imperceptible logo is in fact well-established.
The new logo has been designed to represent ASC at the center point of mass notification solutions radiating out to our clients and market segments over disparate technologies.
Another company trying to go with and bragging about that subconsciously corporate mumbo-jumbo. Trying to imply your ties to the market seems like somewhat of a lame, tedious excuse if you lean more on selling certain products rather than providing public services.
~ Peter Radanovic

vacuumcleaner

Mon May 16, 2016 7:15 pm

I like their "ACA" logo.
My other ride is a 1950 Chrysler-Bell Victory siren.

Lily D
YouTube Username: Sirens in New England

Tue May 17, 2016 1:16 pm

I think the new logo looks like something for a computer company. It is very modern looking and it's hard to picture on a Tempest siren.
Proud owner of a B&M 6GA general alarm siren.
Proud fire buff and siren enthusiast!

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”