MaumeeStormMaster
YouTube Username: MrNorthwestOhioSirens

Perrysburg Ohio 3T22-Cool Photos and "Helping" with Repairs

Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:16 am

So, back in May of 2015 (Yea, this was a while back) I got in contact with Perrysburg City Fire Department in Ohio about a solenoid problem on their Federal Signal 3T22, located on the water tower behind their station. In doing this, the chief responded to my messages saying that they were already in the process of replacing the control panel and radio cabinet for the siren, and said that my hobby was interesting and that I may be able to come by and see the siren being repaired. I agreed and plans were made for later that month.

This is the siren. The building you see below it is the City Engineers Office, the fire department is to the right of me. Everything for the siren is in the engineers building.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5cZm ... 9DRUJwMlhz
A private company, Sound Services out of Tiffin, Ohio was working on the siren. Ed was the guy who worked on the siren. He was a cool guy, and mostly knew what he was doing, but this was an older siren, one of the oldest ones he has worked on. I may have actually known more about this siren. Who knows.

This was the cabinet cover. I love the Cool Stickers!

This is the cabinet. Note that the control panel was out and still in the box coming back from Federal Signal. Edd would later blow a fuse on the control panel and ended up having the city send it back for a replacement panel all together.

This was the tag. I screwed up the photo. Maybe someone can fix it or compare it to other sirens and find out what the rest of the information is on this. It's a 3-Phase 3T22. The photo below this proves that. Switch is the bottom right.

They had this Federal Signal Timer still on the wall. It wasn't used and was gutted. Sad to see something like that in this type of condition, all the labels and everything were screwed up. It's nowhere like it should be.

They opened it on my request and this is what was inside. A mess of Wires and junk parts from the old panel.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5cZm ... 5oNW11Xy1n

This is an internet comparison of how it should look. The extra button on the gutted one was for the fire signal.
They opened it on my request and this is what was inside. Some of the stuff from the old panel and wiring.

I thank the Perrysburg Fire Department Cheif-Jeff Klein, the Perrysburg City Engineer-Douglas Dariano, and Edd from Sound Services for giving me this opportunity.
Forbidden State of o h i o.

Owns:
1978 Federal Signal 3T22A
Federal Electric Model A
Faraday Model 155 (Rebranded Sentry F2)
Federal Signal Selectone Model 300
Mixed Fire Alarms and Cheap Chineese Siren
Temporarily in Posession of Federal Signal Model L

Minnesota2T22
YouTube Username: Elevators & Sirens of MSP

Re: Perrysburg Ohio 3T22-Cool Photos and "Helping" with Repairs

Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:22 am

MaumeeStormMaster wrote:So, back in May of 2015 (Yea, this was a while back) I got in contact with Perrysburg City Fire Department in Ohio about a solenoid problem on their Federal Signal 3T22, located on the water tower behind their station. In doing this, the chief responded to my messages saying that they were already in the process of replacing the control panel and radio cabinet for the siren, and said that my hobby was interesting and that I may be able to come by and see the siren being repaired. I agreed and plans were made for later that month.

This is the siren. The building you see below it is the City Engineers Office, the fire department is to the right of me. Everything for the siren is in the engineers building.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5cZm ... 9DRUJwMlhz
A private company, Sound Services out of Tiffin, Ohio was working on the siren. Ed was the guy who worked on the siren. He was a cool guy, and mostly knew what he was doing, but this was an older siren, one of the oldest ones he has worked on. I may have actually known more about this siren. Who knows.

This was the cabinet cover. I love the Cool Stickers!

This is the cabinet. Note that the control panel was out and still in the box coming back from Federal Signal. Edd would later blow a fuse on the control panel and ended up having the city send it back for a replacement panel all together.

This was the tag. I screwed up the photo. Maybe someone can fix it or compare it to other sirens and find out what the rest of the information is on this. It's a 3-Phase 3T22. The photo below this proves that. Switch is the bottom right.

They had this Federal Signal Timer still on the wall. It wasn't used and was gutted. Sad to see something like that in this type of condition, all the labels and everything were screwed up. It's nowhere like it should be.

They opened it on my request and this is what was inside. A mess of Wires and junk parts from the old panel.

This is an internet comparison of how it should look. The extra button on the gutted one was for the fire signal.
They opened it on my request and this is what was inside. Some of the stuff from the old panel and wiring.

I thank the Perrysburg Fire Department Cheif-Jeff Klein, the Perrysburg City Engineer-Douglas Dariano, and Edd from Sound Services for giving me this opportunity.
Hopefully they eventually fix the damper on that siren as well, because apparently the damper is stuck shut, so it sounds NOTHING like a 2T22/3T22.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oy2CCk5RYvA
-Duncan

YouTube: greatnorthernsirens
Instagram: @twin_cities_sirens

MaumeeStormMaster
YouTube Username: MrNorthwestOhioSirens

Re: Perrysburg Ohio 3T22-Cool Photos and "Helping" with Repairs

Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:08 pm

Minnesota2T22 wrote: Hopefully they eventually fix the damper on that siren as well, because apparently the damper is stuck shut, so it sounds NOTHING like a 3T22...
Yes. Edd was planning on climbing the tower to get to the siren, but the control board fuse blew out, and it couldn't be run anymore.
Forbidden State of o h i o.

Owns:
1978 Federal Signal 3T22A
Federal Electric Model A
Faraday Model 155 (Rebranded Sentry F2)
Federal Signal Selectone Model 300
Mixed Fire Alarms and Cheap Chineese Siren
Temporarily in Posession of Federal Signal Model L

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”