kagome122885

American Signal Tempest Series

Thu May 24, 2007 9:34 pm

What do you think of the Tempest series of mechanical sirens? I think that they are well built and have a sound level of 500 hz, which I think is just right. The Tempest line is also capable of battery backup, and I think the second generation T135 is going to be one of the best sirens made today!
Federal Signal Thunderbolt Series, still the King of Air Raid Sirens!

Thunderbolt 612

Thu May 24, 2007 11:15 pm

I like the Tempest sirens, because of the "flower faced" horn, low tone, high sound output, and excellent quality design/construction.

jkvernon

Thu May 24, 2007 11:58 pm

I love the Tempest Series sirens for several reasons. They are very well built and use parts that won't rust nearly as quickly, mainly fiberglass and stainless steel. The head is truely maintenence free. They have already proven reliable in their 10 years of experience being used in the field. They give a deep 500 Hz tone that penetrates and carries much better than any other siren of its output. Their charging systems allow for the batteries to last 5-6 years as opposed to trickle systems that have their batteries replaced after about 2-3 years. Their activation systems monitor every major facite of important siren function. I'm actually trying to get the Delaware County EMA where I live to go with an American Signal system with mainly T-128s and T-121s for their siren installation project. Im really hoping and pushing for it to work out.

Trey
YouTube Username: SD10s4ever

Fri May 25, 2007 4:37 am

I like the Tempest for around the same reason I like Sentry sirens. I like the Tempest because of the work and quality put into every one of them and the attention-getting, penetrating, low tonal quality. Not like Federal who just uses an annoying high-pitch like the 2001SRN/130.

500AT

Fri May 25, 2007 9:03 am

If I were to purchase one, or a series of rotating sirens for a community, I would have to pick the Tempest T-128 or T-135. Likewise, their charging system gives you longer battery life, than the trickle system. Moreover, I love their 500 Hz sound. Lately, I have been turned-off by the Federal 2001 SRN-130, as the frequency has gone up higher.

I would LOVE to have a modern dual-tone, DC powered siren that sounds like a T-bolt, 2T22, or a Cyclone. I really think that is the best attention getting sound I have ever heard.

Sincerely yours,

Ron W.

"When your siren's a failin', chances are it's a Whelen."

Rheems1

Tue May 29, 2007 3:28 am

I have heard a T-121 in person a number of times, it is enough to blow you out of the water if you aren't expecting it. The is very deep and rich and carries pretty well. In all of the video's that you see with multiple sirens sounding... you can ALWAYS hear a T-128 if one is present.. thier tone is just so penetrating and awesome. I have no feelings about the T-135's.. to me they are just rotating Cyclones and since I live in Cyclone land.. they are no big deal to me.. but I am sure they are great.

Whelen Rules

Tue May 29, 2007 4:01 am

I love the T-128, the tone is just amazing. Besides the Whelen Vortex and Sentry Defender the T-128 is my 3 favorite siren!! The booming low tone of the 3 sirens mentioned above are just amazing and deffinately effective and long distance reaching. The T-128 would probably be one of my first choices for a siren system because of their effective tone and battery back-up.
Tyler Lund

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”