Mac

Large naval horn

Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:54 pm

Hey all,
I'm yet to actually have the horn, but should by the end of this week, and would like to try to get some basic info on these things by then.

I know its the Siren Board, but I tried to register over on that Horn and Whistle board and it wont let me, accompanied by no contact info led to a very frustrating experience that made me feel they weren't worth the effort.

Anyway, my friend purchased a large miscellaneous lot of navy surplus including this horn he is holding for me. It is aprox. 3 foot long, 1 foot wide, has an electric motor in it somewhere, and runs on 440v 3 phase. I've found a few similar to that online, but the difficult part is that the entire thing has a finned housing, like a giant heat sink, and the area the motor is in has a weather seal so you can not actually get to it without breaking it.

Any thoughts? I'll have pictures soon that will make this easier....
Sterling M-5, Sterling Mechanical Siren Timer, Federal Electric Co. Type B, Federal C3 1/2, Secomak VS1, Federal Type A (Coded & Standard), AF Timer, various other sirens \ controls

Henry455

Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:14 pm

Could it be something like this but smaller: Kahlenberg Piston Horn

Mac

Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:19 am

I'm thinking its similar, but the description I got of it said nothing about the motor being to the side...
Sterling M-5, Sterling Mechanical Siren Timer, Federal Electric Co. Type B, Federal C3 1/2, Secomak VS1, Federal Type A (Coded & Standard), AF Timer, various other sirens \ controls

JasonC
Administrator
Administrator
YouTube Username: Jsncrso

Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:21 am

You should try registering again...the Horn & Whistle board is ran by the same person as this board and even resides on the same server.

www.hornwhistleboard.com

Remember to check your email's spam folder.

Mac

Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:35 am

That actually makes sense (theme wise), though I've never had any trouble with this forum.

I can't even get to the email part, its the
Confirmation code:
Ignore the code you see in the image, and enter the Name of the U.S. "Tyfon" licensee/manufacturer

part I have the issue with. I'm assuming it means enter Tyfon. I've tried Tyfon, "Tyfon", the code itself....everything. Gave up and went to contact admit and no visible contact info for it so was very frustrated.

EDIT:

Have been helped with this issue. Thanks, wil post this on the other board.

Return to “Other Warning Systems - Indoor, Outdoor and Vehicular”