holler
High Leg
High Leg
YouTube Username: Blue10AEmia

Sat May 14, 2011 12:02 pm

That thing is so low you could take it down with a backhoe.

azman798

Sun May 15, 2011 3:27 am

SICK BRO!

I may try to drive by there sometime soon to see it before you take it down. Considering I have never seen a Thunderbolt in person before.

MysteryMachine

Tue May 24, 2011 4:52 pm

That's awesome that you are getting it. I can't get over how low that thing is. Your pics are good. They say when the sun is going down is the best time to take pics so you had good timing.
Jinx
Thunderbolt 1003A, Federal Model 7 (8 port), Fedelcode 5/7 (8 port), STL-10A, Single phase/tone ACA P-10, Sterling M5 16/16, IBM, Federal EG, Whelen Alpha 12Q

tachi88

Tue May 24, 2011 9:06 pm

Congrats on the T-bolt!

Perhaps some day you could come to Tucson and help me hunt down the rest of our CD system.
Proud owner of a Thunderbolt 1000A

Westgate Thunderbolt

Wed May 25, 2011 6:58 am

holler wrote:That thing is so low you could take it down with a backhoe.
It isn't quite that low, but I am guessing it is no more than 20 feet up. The only thing holding it up there is one U-bolt going around the stand pipe into the roof eave. I could almost just swivel it down at the blower elbow and onto the ground, but unfortunately there are shrubs and a fence just close enough to interfere with that plan.

Justin

tachi88

Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:13 am

Does Phoenix have SD-10's as well?
Proud owner of a Thunderbolt 1000A

Westgate Thunderbolt

Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:39 am

I had been getting conflicting reports on the status of the remaining known HOR Super Sirex sirens in Scottsdale, Arizona, so I went to see for myself this last Saturday.

I first went to the Tonalea Elementary School location. This one has positively been removed. I then went to the Navajo Elementary School location. This one has met the same fate as the one at Tonalea. I then went to the third known location at the General Dynamics plant. This is a rather large complex, and I was not quite sure where it was located. There is a sort of high tower part of the front of one of the buildings that seemed to be an ideal location. There were all sort of communication antennas on top of the roof, but no siren. I drove around the complex and could not find it anywhere.

After that large disappointment, I thought for sure I could take a trip to the Tempe, Arizona Historical Museum and see the one that was supposed to be on display there. It was nowhere to be found. As I was leaving I asked the lady at the front desk about it. She knew nothing about it. She said that they recently had finished a renovation of the museum, and that it may have been removed from display. She did give me the contact information for the museum curator. She said that they are very open to public inquiries and would probably let me see it in storage if it is still in there possession.

It was not a very good day for siren hunting.

Siren_Dude

Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:02 pm

Is there anyway to call the city or school system to see what happend to them?
Your Canadian Siren Expert!
https://www.youtube.com/c/ColdWarCanada

sirenita

Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:54 pm

I wish I'd known about sirens back when I lived there! :?
chicks like sirens, too.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”