Valra Bellkeys
YouTube Username: Valra Bellkeys
Discord: Valra Bellkeys#0164

Thunderbolt in Moore, OK doesn't rotate..

Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:39 am

*Previous topic solved*

Well, I don't wanna waste forum space, so I'll just change my old topic...

But I was at one of the Elementary school's in more, the one that has a :TBolt: near it. So it went off, but.... the rotor is broken... so the siren aims in 1 direction(towards the school) so does anyone know the EMA number for Moore, OK, or what number should I call for the broken siren, if you know, please tell the exact number :) In a place with a lot of tornadoes(Moore) we don't want a broken siren O-o
Last edited by Valra Bellkeys on Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I own: One complete SiraTone, another SiraTone control module, a 1600W MC, 2 old ATI controllers, 2 round ATI horns with drivers, a ATI-DSA 4 thing, a Federal Signal FC, AR timer and Siratrol, and a small CD&F.

woodyrr
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Del City, OK Siren testing?

Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:42 am

The Del City Thunderbolt at I-40 and Sunnylane has been out of service since the ATI system was installed three or so years ago. Del City had all of its old sirens removed and they went to the Oklahoma town of Luther. The remaining Thunderbolt is supposed to eventually be removed and reinstalled as a display at the May 3, 1999 tornado memorial on Sooner Road, but I don't know what the status of that is.

Del city has always been iffy as to when they test the ATIs. You are more likely to be disappointed than not. Midwest City tests the Vortexes on the first and third Saturdays.
Raymond D. Woods, Jr.
Owner of a Federal Signal Thunderbolt 1000T air raid siren. :TBolt:

Valra Bellkeys

Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:32 pm

woodyrr wrote:The Del City Thunderbolt at I-40 and Sunnylane has been out of service since the ATI system was installed three or so years ago. Del City had all of its old sirens removed and they went to the Oklahoma town of Luther. The remaining Thunderbolt is supposed to eventually be removed and reinstalled as a display at the May 3, 1999 tornado memorial on Sooner Road, but I don't know what the status of that is.

Del city has always been iffy as to when they test the ATIs. You are more likely to be disappointed than not. Midwest City tests the Vortexes on the first and third Saturdays.

Oh, thanks, do you know when other places in Oklahoma test their sirens? Because I don't wanna go up to another siren, and have this happen to me again... And thanks for telling me .-.
I own: One complete SiraTone, another SiraTone control module, a 1600W MC, 2 old ATI controllers, 2 round ATI horns with drivers, a ATI-DSA 4 thing, a Federal Signal FC, AR timer and Siratrol, and a small CD&F.

woodyrr
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:01 pm

Try the City of Moore. They test every Saturday at noon. They have a bunch of Modulators, 5 refurbished Thunderbolt 1000Ts, a couple of refurbished 2t22s, 2 508s, and a 2001 DC. Somebody probably has a map of where they all are. I don't think I do.
Raymond D. Woods, Jr.

Valra Bellkeys

Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:45 am

Logan_Michael_612 wrote:Oklahoma City also test their sirens every Saturday at Noon, They have a system of Whelens.
Mustang, Oklahoma also test most Saturdays at noon. They have 4 Whelen vortexes and 5 2001-130s
Norman also test Saturdays at noon, they have a system of Whelen 2900's. However, they only test for 20 Seconds.
Ok thanks, I know one of those, but that is great to know. Also, does Norman still test their Thunderbolt? If they do, do they do it every Saturday with the other sirens? I'm talking about the one on top of the Court Clerk.

holler
High Leg
High Leg
YouTube Username: Blue10AEmia

Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:38 am

No, that Thunderbolt has been offline since they installed the whelen system.

woodyrr
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 pm

FWIW, Del City tested the ATIs today.
Raymond D. Woods, Jr.

Valra Bellkeys

Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:04 pm

woodyrr wrote:FWIW, Del City tested the ATIs today.
Maybe its like the last saturday of each month... maybe 2nd and 4th.. forget it, who knows....

Valra Bellkeys

Re: Thunderbolt in Moore, OK doesn't rotate..

Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:08 pm

So, sudden change in topics.... I didn't want to spam the forums... so like I stated in the topic, what number do I call since the :TBolt: next to a elementary school doesn't work? If you know, please give full number :) In Moore, you don't want any broken Sirens O_o

Valra Bellkeys

Re: Thunderbolt in Moore, OK doesn't rotate..

Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:52 pm

Bump :) I just want this :TBolt: fixed :P

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”