kanazo

Taiwan air raid drill with ACA Cyclone (audio only)

Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:40 pm

On June 30th there was an air raid drill in Northern Taiwan. This is one of the annual consecutive drills starting from north to south, the next one in Central Taiwan took place on July 23rd. Here is the recording of the July drill courtesy of my cousin. Sirens in Taiwan are almost exclusively Cyclone type or the other, unknown single tone siren. There are also some speaker arrays and possibly Hormann sirens (pictures in my old old thread)

VOC001.WAV - 0.25MB

News article from Taipei Times:
Air raid drill in North scheduled for June 30
TAIPEI, Taiwan -- The Wan-An 32 air raid drill is scheduled to take place on June 30, between 1:30 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. in northern Taiwan, announced the Taipei City government.

The annual drill will take place in municipalities north of Hsinchu, including Ilan County.

During the drill, all vehicles are required to halt motion. Cars running on main streets are required to pull over or turn onto a non-main street and stop immediately, said the municipal officials.

Cars are not allowed to drive into the city during the exercise.

Taiwan Railway, Taiwan High Speed Rail and the MRT will run as usual, but passengers getting off will have to take directions from police to evacuate and seek cover, added the municipal officials.

During the 30 minutes exercise, people in all public and private buildings should abide by the regulation to close windows and shut off all electrical equipments.

Taipei Mayor Hau Lung-bin will accompany military officials in monitoring the progress of the evacuation of pedestrians as well as the operations of the civil defense militia.
Greater Vancouver, 0 active sirens...

Charlie Davidson
Developer
Developer
YouTube Username: soccerdude7330Official

Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:21 pm

Wow, that sounds awesome! To me those sound like 8/12 port Cyclones.

Great catch!
Charlie Davidson

Storm Chasing? Storm Chasing.
Proud owner of a fully operational Thunderbolt 1000T warning siren. Test your speakers.

The YouTube Channel is alive again.

Looking for a manual? I probably have it here: SirenManuals.com

Kyle

Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:20 am

Sweet audio.

Return to “Videos and Media”